Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interferance From Dimmers ??? HELP

Options
  • 24-05-1999 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Right' problem: I installed a new V.90 modem everything is grand.. during the day.. this evening I got to logon and hear a crackling type noise through my speakers.. (new modem - volume not turned down yet) modem dosent connect at all, I go through everything! sound card etc start switching stuff on and off around the house etc..

Finally I nail it down to bloody low voltage dimmer lights in the Sitting room. sad.gif

What I'm looking for is advice on some kind of rectifier, this is hoping that the interferance is coming through the mains A/C from the wall.. and not through the TV - Lan - or sound wiring..

Er indoors wont be very impressed having to sit in the dark to watch tv or keeping visitors occupied !..

any suggestions.. welcome. I know the bloody transformers on those yokes throw out a big field.. just hoping theres a simple answer.

Comments

Advertisement