Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most exalted BF2 servers in the world...

Options
  • 24-08-2005 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I've only had the game for a week and I'd like to have a positive start. I've managed to run into my own share of jackasses, noobs and assholes in a week. Luckily a life time of counter strike, quake and the original battlefield have trained me somewhat. So, post you favourite servers. Where do actual team players hang out? What obscure excellent servers have you found hiding in the bowels of the internet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

the uk mercs server ( when it's populated ) is sometimes good, it's where i had my best game yet address 85.236.100.4:16769

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I think at this stage it is pretty much hit and miss ( leaning alot more on the miss side ) . Even the TIG , which beside our own is the first one I look to for a game can be full of muppets . Jumped on it last night when I saw an opening and of the 64 on it the proportion of muppets was well above adverage .
    The other night I saw our server was almost full , jumped on there for a game and tbh after 5 minutes it was so bad I wanted to shut down the server altogether using some kinda technology that would have sent a large electric current to the others connected to it and fried them alive .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

TacticalGamer.com - BF2 #1 70.86.19.218

Normally an admin playing and geared towards teamwork.

BHA!!Knife!Pistol!Revive !ONLY!! 216.86.151.49:16567

It's all in the name. A ranked server that only allows Kinfe/Pistol/Revive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ponster wrote:
    TacticalGamer.com - BF2 #1 70.86.19.218

Normally an admin playing and geared towards teamwork.

How do they enforce that? Is it by admins kicking, as mods aren't allowed on a ranked server? Or is it even ranked?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Spear wrote:
    How do they enforce that? Is it by admins kicking, as mods aren't allowed on a ranked server? Or is it even ranked?

It's enforced by admins (and when I've looked there are almost always an admin playing).

Here are their rules

And yes, it is ranked.

And while mods aren't allowed on ranked servers, some are still modding them anyhow to fix how autobalance and punishing works. There are even 3 ranked servers running custom maps of which there are about 7 good ones out at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

jonski wrote:
    I think at this stage it is pretty much hit and miss ( leaning alot more on the miss side ) . Even the TIG , which beside our own is the first one I look to for a game can be full of muppets . Jumped on it last night when I saw an opening and of the 64 on it the proportion of muppets was well above adverage .
    The other night I saw our server was almost full , jumped on there for a game and tbh after 5 minutes it was so bad I wanted to shut down the server altogether using some kinda technology that would have sent a large electric current to the others connected to it and fried them alive .

what kind of muppetry was going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Ponster wrote:

how long will that survive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Keyzer wrote:
    what kind of muppetry was going on?

Hmmm that was two weeks ago , but it was the standard BF2 muppetry . It's my plane , no it's my plane , well you can't fly it if your dead , lets vote him cause he took MY plane/tank/jeep , lets mutiny against the commander cause he won't drop me nice things even though the base is falling apart , lets run around and see how many punishtk I can clock up . Just general muppetry , pretty much the same as you will find anywhere there isn't an admin .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

madrab wrote:
    how long will that survive?
    not long if EA keep killing servers doing this to pad out players stats.
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

Advertisement