Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone here got an electric bike

Options
  • 24-08-2005 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

i just bought a yamahe PAS today
    so if anyone got an electri bike be it a yamaha or some other brand please post here :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Hi synchro, I've got a Prima Joe Fly electric bike. Got it last year from Green Machines in Terenure and I've been cycling it to work ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

stiofanD wrote:
    Hi synchro, I've got a Prima Joe Fly electric bike. Got it last year from Green Machines in Terenure and I've been cycling it to work ever since.

just a saw a pic of it there on the net
    nice machine u got there
    how much u pay for it

synchro wrote:
    just a saw a pic of it there on the net
    nice machine u got there
    how much u pay for it
    I got an ex-demo model for about €1400 as far as I remember. Its pricy enough, but it was either that or I'd have had to get a moped, with all the tax/insurance costs that come along with that. This seemed like a better solution for commuting.

Whats the Yamaha like ? Did a quick search, but couldn't find a website about it. Do you find it has the range/power that you expected ?

hey stiofan
    its savagae
    my friend paid a 1000 for it first day
    does ~22 miles to a full charge
    its fantastic
    i bought it off tat friend for 165e
    its 2 years old good for another 300 charges before the battery needs replacing
    i intend cycling to college every morn during the academic year
    heres a pic of one mine looks just like tis one:
    http://www.barattone.com/common_includes/www.barattone.ch/img/20040428_122354_yamaha_pas_xpc_26_green1_web.jpg

im off to kerry for the weekend now, with it on the back of my dads car
    perfect for tat sorta trekking, with all the hills and all
    there just a great form of transport
    stay fit and arrive less sweaty!

stiofanD wrote:
    I got an ex-demo model for about €1400 as far as I remember. Its pricy enough, but it was either that or I'd have had to get a moped, with all the tax/insurance costs that come along with that. This seemed like a better solution for commuting.

Whats the Yamaha like ? Did a quick search, but couldn't find a website about it. Do you find it has the range/power that you expected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

My mother, brother and sister have a powerbike each.
    All three of them are broken down,mainly battery problems and the clip where the battery goes in is dodgy.
    They paid 1100 for each one.They are crap to say the least...
    the parts are from the eighties...there are no new bikes with the same parts.
    The crank set and groupset are well out of date and the gear lever...basically everything about them is OUT OF DATE!!
    If ur thinking of buying this brand I'd advise you to stay away from them.Have a good luck around the net for better alternatives.
    Also there are conversion kits to make your current bike into a eletric one!!!! :cool:

• Advertisement

Can't really contradict you on that to be honest. The standard 'bike parts' on the powerbike are not of the highest quality and I've had a few problems with it myself. However, the place I bought it from have been outstanding in fixing any issues I've had, which means I'm still on the road!

Where can you get other brands of electric bikes in Dublin? The only place I know that does ebikes is Green machines in Terenure - anyone know other places that do them ?

theres a guy from co tipperary who sells electric bikes
    il giv you his number if u want me to pm it to u

stiofanD wrote:
    Can't really contradict you on that to be honest. The standard 'bike parts' on the powerbike are not of the highest quality and I've had a few problems with it myself. However, the place I bought it from have been outstanding in fixing any issues I've had, which means I'm still on the road!

Where can you get other brands of electric bikes in Dublin? The only place I know that does ebikes is Green machines in Terenure - anyone know other places that do them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Is there a place in Kilkenny as well ? mad-bikes.com or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

The guy in Tipperary is who they bought them from....he doesnt service Cork much.

Junior wrote:
    Is there a place in Kilkenny as well ? mad-bikes.com or something ?

ya ,ad bikes tat him
    howards the man's name

• Advertisement
Advertisement