Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vista shell for Windows XP

• 24-08-2005 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

does not require styleXP. :)

voila

very solid pack.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Downloading now. Might aswell take a peek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I downloaded the longhorn version a few weeks ago, but I'm bored of it now...

Can anyone recommend where to get more shell packs? That site has only the three...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

its nice..but very white.
    Basically it looks like a skin i got for windowblinds about a year ago tho :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Deadwing wrote:
    its nice..but very white.
    That's what I thought. It can be tough to distinguish deselected text and the window borders at times.

Not bad though, very Mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just threw it on there. Liked it after my eyes adjusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

server down now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sparky_S wrote:
    server down now
    It's up and down all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Threw it on last night. It's not bad but I'm not mad about the default font. Leave it on for the moment and see. Any issues with performance while playing games etc. with toolbar, icon, shadow tweaks running in the background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

no issues with GTA SA or FM2005 while running the shell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

seamus wrote:
    Not bad though, very Mac.

Erm, Vista basically just copies all of the visual styles and GUI bells and whistles that have been in Mac OSX for the past few years now, incase you hadn't noticed already.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Achilles wrote:
    Erm, Vista basically just copies all of the visual styles and GUI bells and whistles that have been in Mac OSX for the past few years now, incase you hadn't noticed already.
    Isn't that pretty much what he said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

any screenshots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

dahamsta wrote:
    Isn't that pretty much what he said?
    Yeah, but Achilles just likes to put an anti-MS spin on everything.
    Gideon wrote:
    any screenshots?
    I'll echo this. Why are there none on the site itself, I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ah. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Will give it a whirl. Been using the MCE2005 Royle theme for a good while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah, but Achilles just likes to put an anti-MS spin on everything.

But of course, I was pointing out that the design features have been there for years in other OSes and aren't anything like a revelation at all, as many claim to be with the new Vista. Infact, I'm talking about the Vista Beta 1 as it stands, I installed it and to be honest I could find nothing innovative about it's interface or features, if anything it just insults the user's intelligence, although in saying that, anybody who willingly installs a Windows product and has to go through all that activation and licensing bull crap aint the brightest of people in the first place. Yes, I have Windows installed, but only for gaming/video editing purposes. I can get some of the games to run fine with Cedega on Linux, but Adobe Premier Pro or AfterEffects simply refuse to run with any type of Winodws emulation (yes I know it's not actual emulation, but it's the only way I can find fit to describe it.)

Achilles wrote:
    But of course, I was pointing out that the design features have been there for years in other OSes...
    This is as far as I got before I had to stifle a yawn. If you don't like Windows, don't hang out in the Windows forum. It just makes you look like a contrary twat.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I've had the Longhorn Bricopack Theme installed on my laptop the last 3 months. Haven't had a problem with it at all. There are two or three different looks on it if you don't like the default one. I love the Mac rip-off of the dock though. Very handy as it is changeable so you can put whatever software links on it you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

its weird, i installed the skin in wirk and it looks fine, installed it on my lappy at home and the icons in the quick launch bar looked crap, big 'cut outs', around them, and everything seemed TOO white...uninstalled it after a day :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Is the laptop running a lower colour depth perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Yeah Deadwing, I installed it on my laptop too. It looked fine, but way too white, I mean brilliantly white! (Hurts the eyes). Can't really adjust the brightness on a laptop so I got rid of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yeah had it on my lappy, but when it goes into the screensaver it takes about 15seconds to exit it, so uninstalled it went.

And absoulutly to white especially when using office outlook.

Advertisement