Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using an empty TIG server for flight school...

Options
  • 24-08-2005 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

This is, of course, if the TIG lads dont mind.
    I have noticed over the last few days that the only TIG server that has players on it is the 64 man server, so.....

Anyne wanna jump onto one of them tonite, providing they are empty, for some flight training. Practicing following each other etc. not actually killing each other, well, on the sly maybe...
    BTW, I can fly no bothers, I just can't hit diddly so I need some practice against real players...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I can fly semi-alright in the jets, and can get from A-B in choppers but am still fairly crap when it comes to landing the chopper where i actually want it to land, hovering properly etc. Also, I'm crap with the laser guided bombs and stuff like that, can't hit ****. Same goes for the tv-guided rockets on the AH-12.

Dunno if I'd be able to make it tonight, but in the mean time anyone got any tips here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Im alright in the attack choppers, i'd be up 4 a game in there tonite in a chopper, maybe showing ppl me landing if they have trouble, i really need some practice in the jets, im crap, but my pc running slow sometimes duznt do me any good at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

considering i use the keyboard exclusively to fly most of my tips wouldnt be worth much.

however the tv guided missile is fairly easy...
    it has a fuel range of 600 meter's, you point and click where you want it to change course to. when hitting helos always go for the largest area, no matter where you hit 1 hellfire will kill a helo or plane. they can be used to take out commanders assets.

bombs, also easier than you might think.
    when flying dead straight and level the bombs will always hit the bottom of the vertical slash.

laser guided bombs will fire towards where the laser is pointing so point it at a target (should be outlined by a box or circle) and it will lock onto that target and kill it most times.

missiles are tricky, if you have a bad guy dead to rights most times you will still miss cos of flares, it takes 25 seconds for a planes flares to reload so get a lock, fire off 1 missile to make him pop his flares. maintain lock on him by keeping the flares off the hud, its not that hard. then as soon as he levels off his turn to change direction slam 3 missiles at him. in the moments it takes to change directions you are extremely vulnerable, the best way to lose a tail is by dangerous flying. nine times out of ten your opponent will make a mistake before you do, because you know where you want to fly and he has to guess.

people are greedy and will try to stay on your tail to get the kill, use it to your advantage.

another thing, if the enemy is far enough away your flares wont do **** other than garuntee a hit, check F11 to see how far away he is. dropping your flares early will just divert the missile down a bit, it will then lock onto the strongest heat source which will either be you or one of the enemies team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i forgot to add another dodge tactic.

this wont be received well by many, but its good to get rid of persitant fliers who keep killing you.

let him on your tail, fly towards an enemy chopper and pop flares as he fires (watch f11) he will kill the chopper and get TK's

then bail out and repeat till hes gone. its dishonorable i know but hey thats war. (until they fix the missile lock)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The missiles can't track for ****, they can be very easily dodged if you've got the space and a few hills/valleys/cranes around and a pair of stainless steel balls in your jocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

So back to my original question as none of you answered it...

Does anyone wanna jump onto an empty server for some practice tonite?

Yes. I'll be playing for a bit this evening.

#tig.ie on quakenet, ask permission etc. and I'll jump in.

IRC makes baby jebus cry. If ye go and password the server, please let us know here :)

SyxPak wrote:
    Yes. I'll be playing for a bit this evening.

#tig.ie on quakenet, ask permission etc. and I'll jump in.

good man yerself...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I can offer you our 32 man server if you wish.
    We play mostly COD UO these days so our BF2 server is mostly very quiet.
    We do pop on for occasional aircraft battles but stick to CODUO for infantry warfare,its unbeatable for infantry action.
    Your welcome to use our GFF BF2 Team speak channel also if you wish,details below.

server info:
    GFF jarhedz BF2
    82.71.218.99:16567

Teamspeak info:
    connect to fozzy.jarhedz.com,join as unonymous and your sorted.

If you want an admin to change map etc,just pop onto our GFF CODUO teamspeak channel below the GFF BF2 one and an admin will sort you.

• Advertisement

Anyone doing this? I am farting about in #tig.ie under the nick st3ph3n.

Gimme 2 secs, need to ram a sandwich down my throat and pass wind.

Ooh, sounds like fun

pardon my ignorance but what the hell is quakenet?

Its an internet relay chat network.
    http://www.quakenet.org

I'll be around tonight if anyones interested.
    See you on quakeshnazzz...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Just somthing to bear in mind. Our -<{1st-IB}>-BFV server is often empty as it was last night so myself and my brother were praticing chopper stunts and the like. With just 2 of on the server dossing as it were the server started to fill up with people. Im sure this will also happen on the TIG server as onece 2 people go on any empty server it will start to fill, so bear this in mind. It might be an idea to ask some clan if you could use their competion server for this. These servers are uasually passworded so only people with permission get in. I cant help ya as out servers are BFV but Im sure if ya found some nice clan with a BFV server they are not using im sure they wouldent mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Sure, maybe if we are in the mood and there are enough of you in #tig.ie irc we can throw you the password for our passworded server so you can go on there on your own and give flying a twirl.

Advertisement