Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossfire running on Intel 955X chipset

Options
  • 24-08-2005 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

Here.

Perhaps it will work on nForce4 chipsets too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

afaik, it only works on the Intel and ATI chipset.
    on the other heand, why the hell would ATI make it Nvidia compatible when they are producing chipsets themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

To get a part of nVidia's market share?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

because their chipsets/motherboards based on them, as currently poo

The Xpress 200 chipset? I've heard it's not fantastic, but there's not a lot of boards based on it yet for comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

We've got a few of them in the office here, and they're not the best, really because the south bridge is so out of date, and what is in it isn't the best driver wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Gilgamesh wrote:
    afaik, it only works on the Intel and ATI chipset.
    on the other heand, why the hell would ATI make it Nvidia compatible when they are producing chipsets themselves.

Because of the number of NF4 SLI boards already there.
    Who cares what it runs on if more cards are sold?
    And if they're not selling many Crossfire chipets, they'll just have to button down and come up with something that beats nVidia's solutions for AMD and Intel.

As for why Crossfire works on Intel SLI chipsets and not nVidia - Intel and ATI worked together to sort driver support on both ends.
    I have an NF4 SLI board and X800XL myself, so I'd like to see crossfire running on nVidia boards, but I don't see nVidia doing it.

Course, it shouldn't matter, they should support SLI setups regardless of manufacturer as they'll still be shifting units.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

ahhh.. im still waiting for it to become properly available. could be waiting a long time

Release dates are September/October. Don't expect anything other than a paper launch in September though.
    R520 "XT" Crossfire Dual Slot Mid October
    R520 "XT" Dual Slot Early October
    R520 "XL" Single Slot Early September
    RV530 Crossfire Single Slot Late October
    RV515 "XL" Single Slot Late September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Advertisement