Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dance in Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

What does everyone think of Rex Levitates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I love their style, i saw them at the fringe festival years ago!

Yea my contemporary teacher is a dancer with them shes deadly!I'm so ragin I'm goona miss seein there new show cause my mocks start the same day that its on an my mam doesn't want me to go!! since i haven't studied for the mocks I can't see how going or not will make much differernce to my results!

same here! it looks really good -i love apollo! theyre on in bray too which would be great, i really wish i hadnt exams this year!

Yea me too! then i'd be able to audition fr england this year instead of next! Have you ever seen the Cathy Sharpe ensemble?

• Advertisement

no i havent? are they good? ah its better that ya have something like the jc behind ya before you go off to england, being that bit older will help to! and the stronger you are, the better!

I've heard there class my teacher organised for us to do 2 masterclasses with them a ballet and a contemporary in a couple of weeks so that should be good! Yea I know but every time I try an concentrate on school its like I really want to be dancin right now!! Did you see the bull at the Dublin theatre festival this year?

thatd be great alright, not familiar with them but i love getting different people in every now and again, as fantastic as my teachers are , different styles perspectives and teaching methods are always really interesting!
    i didnt see the theatre festival this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Can I get more information on the Fringe Festival? Is it like a dance festival or something?

http://www.fringefest.com/

its a performing arts festival, it runs through september-really worth checking out!

• Advertisement

Yea its really good! does anyone know any good stretches for the outside of your calves? I was in class today and it was so sore anytime i tried to jump! an we did nearly every allegro in intermediate and grade 7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

Check this fantastic (music) video out of the dancer Polina Semionova...

http://www.svenbudelmann.de/Movies/Movies2003/Demo.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

:O goddam her and her perfectness. look at how smooth her transition from flat to pointe is! one word: jealous

(oh and awe too)

oh, and is anyone going to see Chrysalis dance in the Helix in april?
    http://www.thehelix.ie/2006_04_21_waves.html

Shes Amazing! I want to be her! I dunno I'll probably go see it if it comes to anywhere near me I try and see as many dance shows as I can!

she is really fantastic .... !

yup i think im gonna go to chrysalis depending on money, it looks great!
    is there any other good dance events coming up i cant find much!

I looked up the dancer in the video and it turns out shes really tall! so thats a plus for me and she trained at the bolshoi no wonder shes class!

So is anyone else thinking of doing dance professionally?
    And does anyone know anything about stagewise? Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

:O i wanted to watch the pretty video again but its GONE

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

It's a pity that video isn't coming through anymore. At least ye got to see it in the first place.

There's been a lot of talk of The Dying Swan role here so I'm attaching a link to Anastasia Volochkova in what I think is this role...though I'm sure ye'll be able to tell me whether I'm right or wrong on this.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/ennustaja/Volochkova.htm
    (click on the second photo on the page)

i cant get that link to work for some reason! i love the galina mezentseva pic! heres some of my favourite pictures of the dying swan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Groovy Chic

Hiya.
    i really wanna get into inchicore next year to do the dance course. I am puttin together my audition piece at the mo, and I just wonderin does anyone have any advice/reccomendations of pieces to put into it/not to put into it. I plannin on doin a mixture of different dance styeles. But i would love any suggestions? :):D

• Advertisement

i wouldnt do anything to stetreotypical unless you can really excell at it and make it your own (all that jazz etc tends to be done a lot as far as i know)
    theyre looking for potential so just do your best and perform it. doing a mixture of dance styles would be perfect! good luck!

What style of dance are you thinking of? ballet jazz...cause it really depends on that! is it the transition year course or the two year one after leavin cert? good luck with it! I was chattin to my teacher about auditions and they are looking for how much you enjoy dancing, musicality and potential as technique can be taught!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Groovy Chic

Been dancin for nearly 13 years, doin irish dancin n hiphop mostly. have done little bits of contempory and ballet here and there. I have good posture and am fairly elegant. I really really love dancin but dont have any experience wit auditions. wanna do 2 year course. Have a friend helpin me with a piece. Thinkin bout doin a ballet/contempory bit, into a modern irish dance bit, into a bit of jazz and hiphop. I wanna show them I have the potential. just really worried about it. Thanks a mill for your help! :D

with that variety you should be absolutely fine! very few people have much audition experience, and some go to inchicore auditions with little previous dance experience, and you have plenty! go in with confidence and youll sail through it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Has anyone seen Coiscéim's new show at the Helix? It's supposed to be fabulous.

Knots?

Is that it? Was it in the Fringe last year by any chance?

Yea i think so i heard it one a load of awards,I'm going to see it on the 23rd! Are you going to see it?

Hopefully, I think the theatre company I'm in is going to see it, but seeing as I'm the youngest member I think I have to get special parental consent for them to bring me >.<

• Advertisement

Yea my dancin teacher organised for our Dancin school to go. Told them we weren't easily shocked and that we handled the bull pretty well! What kind of dance do you do?

Advertisement