Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dance in Dublin

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Does anyone here attend Dance Theatre Ireland in Dun Laoghaire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My mum did some work for them a while back and we got free tickets to see one of their shows, they were really brilliant.

And some of the dancers were quite yummy too ¬.¬

Yea my dancin teacher organised for our Dancin school to go. Told them we weren't easily shocked and that we handled the bull pretty well! What kind of dance do you do?

Oh I dont dance, I'm in a performance arts group, we do a bit of music and movement but our main focus is Acting and Theatre so we're going to see Knots to see different movement and physical theatre styles. Also I think our directors are asking Coiscéim to do a workship with us in physical theatre and dance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

I did a couple of coisceim workshops before! as far as i can remember they were good i think we might be doing one this time aswel! I live workshops they're so much fun and you always get great tips off professionals!

do you want to be an actor/actress?

Has anyone taken classes with Eddie Morales? He's a regular guest teacher with DTI and was wondering if he's classes are worth going to- seeing as I'd be coming u from Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I love dancing - I go to Jane Shortall's class in the YMCA, and also, Lisa Tyrell's class in the Dance Academy on Ormond Quay. Haven't been to Lisa's class in a while, and I notice on their website the class has been upgraded from Beginners to General *ouch*. Typical - just after i finally bought a pair of jazz sneakers :rolleyes: . There is a dance festival coming up shortly, starting 21 April - many different varieties are going to be part of the festival. Personally, I can't wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

*shrug*

anyone else go to Les Ballets C da le B last night?
    an hour and a half of totally bizarre...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hippiechick

yeah carla that was soooo funny!! with the granny!! gawd i feel so uncultured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Lisa Tyrell's class in the Dance Academy on Ormond Quay.

Does anyone know if that is Lisa Tyrell that studied in Diggs Lane many years ago?

MrP

Does anyone know when Jane Shortall's Dance Blitz is on this year? Has she said any dates?

• Advertisement

i don't think she has yet, googled it and only found last year's one. i'll tell ya if i find out though.

Excellent, cheers! She usually updates her website regularly, so I guess she just hasn't organised the dates yet.

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lizzy_beth

Sorry to comandeer this thread but does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that does swing dance classes during the summer? Thanks

sorry, don't know about swing classes.
    re: jane shortall, blitz 2006 info is up
    http://www.janeshortall.com/danceblitz.html

• Registered Users Posts: 42 NashD

For swing lessons check out www.boogiebeatswing.com . Jamie and Clare give Lindy Hop lessons in the International Dance academy on Monday nights and East Coast Swing Lessons on Wednesday nights in the Vaults.

Also www.morisini-whelan.com give lessons in East Coast on Thursday nights at Parnell Square.

I've been to both and they are all really great classes to take. Hope that helps some!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bublegumfairy

Hi
    does anyone know of a part time dance course where you can get a qualification(like a diplome etc)> i heard theres one in the liberties college?

thanks, dani
    dani_girl_@hotmail.com

Afaik there's a very good dance school in Monkstown.

I found this on the internet, though not the College's official website:

College of Dance
    Monkstown, Co. Dublin
    2 year foundation course in Professional Dance Training
    Entry by audition
    Tel: 003531 8735536

And This website from Careers Service Northern Ireland which has a lot of handy information about being a proffessional dancer. The NPAS is a pretty established and recognise dperforming arts school but I don't think they do anything full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Hi - Im going to be in Dublin next week and was wondering if you knew of any drop in adult lyrical or funk jazz classes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Piste wrote:
    Afaik there's a very good dance school in Monkstown.

I found this on the internet, though not the College's official website:

College of Dance
    Monkstown, Co. Dublin
    2 year foundation course in Professional Dance Training
    Entry by audition
    Tel: 003531 8735536

And This website from Careers Service Northern Ireland which has a lot of handy information about being a proffessional dancer. The NPAS is a pretty established and recognise dperforming arts school but I don't think they do anything full time.
    Is that the one that used to be in Diggs lane? I think Joanna Banks was in charge there.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 little john

Hy there.

would you have a contact number or e mail for Linda Higgins, please?

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Just bumping this up again as it died.

I love the new addition to Dublin's dancing scene - Dance House. Check out www.danceireland.com. They have plenty of dance classes of various types and abilities. It is great that it is so near Connolly DART station too :D . I have done Biodanza there, and as of last week, did the beginners ballet, although is finishing up in two weeks time until September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dancer x

Any dancers left out there???? Anyone know of any Advanced 2 ballet classes on in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tralaalaalaa

Dancer x wrote: »
    Any dancers left out there???? Anyone know of any Advanced 2 ballet classes on in dublin?

Probably a bit late for you....
    I've left my ballet school a while ago for dance college but I did Advanced 2 ballet there.
    It's situated in Deansgrange, just off the dual carraige way.
    It's called the KC Dance Academy and is run by Karen Cummins
    You should probably ring as they may not have that class running at the moment if no one in the school is doing it! Likewise, there could be people doing it and the class could be running! You can contact her on: 0876330103
    This seems to apply for most ballet school so I suggest looking around.
    Debbie Allan's school also seems to have quite a high standard so there may be people there doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

I just came across this old thread and was wondering how everyone is getting on with their dancing?
    Heya,
    I was thinking of taking a year out next year to do dance for any amount of time (up to a year obviously). :D:confused:

Did u take your year out, where did u go and what course did u do?
    Hey all you dancers out there!!!! I need help! i'm auditioning for 3 ballet schools in England next year

Did u go to England after your JC? How did the exams go and how is the dance school in England, I hope it's everything u were looking for.

Azureus, how did your exams go? are u doing arts now like u planned, or maybe you're finished now?! Is dance still a big part of your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CatOfManyHats

Hi - My boards.ie thread is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056087332

Looking for an experienced dance teacher to coach / mentor for a 6-week class spring term at Dance Ireland in Dublin.

Please think of as a small project and many more opps of working together down the road.
    Listed all the details in the thread.

Thanks so much!
    Cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 i Rock

Hi

We are looking for dancers to help out and offer tips on our new Dance and music site we would love to have Moderators and experts.

link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 minimoocher

Ceroc dancing is alive and well in Dublin on a Tuesday night in Lucan if you havn't done get yourself down to Finnstown House Hotel www.cerocxcites.com come check us out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dancevive

Adult Beginner Ballet Classes

Starting next Thursday 30th June in the Liffey Trust Studios behind the O2 building!!!!!!

Date:
    Thursday 30th June

Time:
    Beginners 7pm-8pm

Cost:
    6 Weeks - €60
    Drop in Rate €12

For more info and to book a place e-mail dancevive@gmail.com or check out the blog at http://liffeytruststudios.com/blog/?p=152

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dancevive

Intermediate Ballet Classes

Starting next Thursday 30th June in the Liffey Trust Studios behind the O2 building!!!!!!

Date:
    Thursday 30th June

Time:
    Intermediate 8pm-9pm

Cost:
    6 Weeks - €60
    Drop in Rate €12

For more info and to book a place e-mail dancevive@gmail.com or check out the blog at http://liffeytruststudios.com/blog/?p=152

• Advertisement
Advertisement