Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband order

• 24-08-2005 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

My local exchange was upgraded recently, so I immediately went online and placed an order with Eircom for broadband, happy at last to get rid of my expensive ISDN lines. This was August 6th. I rang today to find out what was going on - the order had not been put through for some reason. What is the point in an online ordering system where the order does not get processed? Some guy then explained to me because I was not an Eircom customer, there would be a delay in testing the suitability of my line for broadband. Also he couldn't give me a definite date for when I might get it installed. I told him to forget it, I rang digiweb, had none of this nonsense and will have my broadband in 10 working days. I simply cannot understand what Eircom's problem is? How many other people have been frustrated like me and switched to alternative providers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What I can't understand is why anyone would even contemplate Eircom in the first place? I got rid of Eircom for line rental, calls as soon as I could, having already got BB from BT. They over charge and under serve for _everything_ and even though the competition have their problems too, you still get a better deal.
    How many other people have been frustrated like me and switched to alternative providers?
    Not enough to make Eircom cop on it would seem.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, I'm on eircom broadband. Only because BT messed me about for a few weeks. I had eircom BB 6 working days after I made the order which was pretty quick. Of course the downside is the line rental, but I was too long without my interweb! :)

Advertisement