Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

for the network geeks :)

Options
  • 20-04-1999 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Yep I'd be on for this. I can bring along a Hub and a couple of cables.

Let me know when and where,

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

thinking about middle to end of may.
    friday evening to sunday evening in me mums house in rathmines.
    already have 2 or 3 interested parties (shame there all q1 heads wink.gif) so i think it will be a goer
    keep ya informed.
    anyone else interested leave a message after the beep
    whitewash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Why yes. I can bring 2 pcs, whatever cabling/cards are needed, beer, any games u need and n/wk expertise.
    Let me know details.

okey,
    as ive said before im really interested in getting to learn this network stuff. seems every job i want to go for you need to know about networks sooo......
    what OS is best. i currently run win98. should i rush out and get NT?
    i also need to partition my hd. 13 gig for my c drive is too big, does anyone have partition magic 4 i can borrow?
    if and when i try to partition, does it matter that i already have loads of crap on my drive (games etc) and can i then change one of thses new drives to a different OS? like boot up on c drive under win98 and then use say d or e drive with NT on it? or even linux?
    does anyone know of a website that has any answers to these coz im sure they are pretty detailed and i really want to know better than a one line answer.
    also, as most networks are run on NT (arent they? i dont know) i really have to get it on my puter. is it hard to set up a network? is there a lot of twiddling and tweaking. im sure after a while i could figure out.. stick cable in networcard. connect to hub, connect to server.. and all that, but im more worried about the software and tcp/ip sort of thing.

one more thing. im still thinking seriously about holding a wee lan session. mainly coz it would be pretty cool to have 5 or 6 people over for the weekend for beer and quake and fun, but also so i could watch ppl set up a lan on me own doorstep. if anyone has the gear needed and a weekend off in a month or two and would be willing to sleep on my living room floor, will ya gve me a shout. all food for the weekend will be provided. bring yer own beer ya scabby bas7ards smile.gif
    cheers
    whitewash

can ou two get in touch with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

mememe!!
    free food - eamo's famous last words smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Mail me Whitey if u want/got more info.
    Cheers.

Advertisement