Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student's e-mail addys have changed

Options
  • 24-08-2005 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

just in case people didn't notice your student e-mail address is now your firstname.secondname@ucdconnect.ie (not sure what happens if there are two or more people with the same name). Everyone's @student.ucd.ie addresses will work until christmas and will be deleted then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Do freshers get student email addresses? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

yeah, of course you do.

I assume stuff sent to the old address will just appear in the new address' inbox right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

you would think that but it dosen't in the new connect click on UCD in the left side panel of e-mail page and they go in there. Also if your using pop to collect your e-mail it will work until Christmas. Ye Dave you will get an e-mail addy with your network login and password just after you get your student card in reg day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Ah that student.ucd.ie email address... It's been so long since I used it.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

So will POP or IMAP work on the new system?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

that's what i don't know - there will def be no pop server but there is an imap server. I don't know what it is though - it's not imap.ucdconnect.ie

Advertisement