Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundalk V Drogheda (Fri 26th Aug)

• 24-08-2005 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

The new artificial surface at Oriel park has passed FIFA inspection this morning.
    Should be an excellent atmosphere on Friday night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Great to see it passed. Will be interesting to see how the players adjust to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

yeah I was up there last week and the pitch was taking shape..looks great! going up 2nite to have a kick about on it....come on the lilly whites!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

What time is kick-off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

7:45pm

YOU BE THERE!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Dunfermline had an artificial pitch last season and every team that played there complained about it. Lets hope its better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

eirebhoy wrote:
    Dunfermline had an artificial pitch last season and every team that played there complained about it. Lets hope its better than that.

its is the only pitch made to fifa standards and first of its kinda 3star ..

the game is itself will be a dundalk win and ill be tehre bringing a few work mates with me as well full house at oriel park

as the song goes

i predict a riot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

its plastic.. its fantastic..

ill bring me lighter and burn the whole pitch down :P

Seriously I hear its meant to be 1/2 decent and Milan are on about getting it in if it does the buisness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eirebhoy wrote:

Your supposed to wear special boots on it, most players altho professional wouldnt change.

Was a good article on one of the Dunfermlin websites about it.
    Makes sense it is plastic.

Umbro make a nice pair for €40 or 50 in white :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

would ye not burn the legs off yerself if ye slid on that?

Helix wrote:
    would ye not burn the legs off yerself if ye slid on that?

Hell yeah like the worst carpet burn ever.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Its the big one tonight this thread deserves that big BUMP , so who do you guys think is going to win its nearly sold out so the crowd will be acting as he 12th man for Dundalk so here is hoping the lillywhites can win the local louth derby , should be a fantasic match either way with a great athmosphere and also its live on tg4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Great atmosphere? Hasn't the Shed been torn down? Which means the ground will be completely open apart from the Stand, which will be as usual full of old men in flat caps. I'd say there will be a crap atmosphere. Prediction 2-1 Drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

KdjaC wrote:
    Your supposed to wear special boots on it, most players altho professional wouldnt change.

Was a good article on one of the Dunfermlin websites about it.
    Makes sense it is plastic.

Umbro make a nice pair for €40 or 50 in white :D

kdjac

let me guess them special boots are the ones with a million small little moulded rubber studs on them ? because if thats it I find normal boots are better on artificial pitches and christ they do burn the **** outta your legs when you amke slide tackles . (hopefully this pitch is different)

2-0 Drogs atm

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

how many are there ? just flicking between Liverpool and Dundalk Vs Drogheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmcquaid

was this game not supposed to be live on rte?

cmcquaid wrote:
    was this game not supposed to be live on rte?

Be glad its not the panda on the sideline is man of the match so far.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KdjaC wrote:
    Be glad its not the panda on the sideline is man of the match so far.

kdjac

He was pure quality.

Advertisement