Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fave HP characters

• 24-08-2005 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

For me it has to be Dumbledore, with Fred and George a close second...

Favourite characters? 99 votes

Harry
    0% 0 votes
    Ron
    5% 5 votes
    Hermione
    9% 9 votes
    Dumbledore
    15% 15 votes
    Hagrid
    19% 19 votes
    Fred & George
    9% 9 votes
    Ginny
    17% 17 votes
    Neville
    12% 12 votes
    Malfoy
    6% 6 votes
    Snape
    7% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

Hermione, Ron and Malfoy.

Because I see myself in Hermione; I love Ron; and Malfoy's a bad boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

my favourite is Lupin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Voted for Hermione and Dumbledore in the list but my favourite character from the books is actually Remus Lupin. Think he needs a much bigger part in the final book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yup, Lupin it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Damn these polls and their maximum 10 options...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sirius has always been one of mine.

Though I've just been listening to HP and TOOTP on audiobook, and I've just gotten to where Fred and George leave Hogwarts. Makes them one of another of my favourite characters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Snape, because Alan Rickman plays him in the films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

gilderoy lockhart is by far the best character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

banquo wrote:
    Snape, because Alan Rickman plays him in the films.

I agree, and for the same reason. He's a great character, and his performances make the films enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Hehehe.

Harry is on zero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭natter

Lupin and Sirius have always been my favourite 2 characters. I love Prisoner of Askaban for the big part both of them have in it. Definately need to see more of Lupin in the last book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

Snape, because he makes Harry's life difficult at every opportunity. (Yes, I hate Harry but read the book to see him suffer. I'm weird like that)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

sionnach wrote:
    gilderoy lockhart is by far the best character
    I completely agree! He cracks me up so much

Harry STILL has no votes...is he really that crap?:)
    Or is it obvious that we all like him considering we all buy the books with his name on them...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

*marie* wrote:
    Harry STILL has no votes...is he really that crap?:)

Well he sure isn't a five time winner of witch weekly's most charming smile award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

my fav. is Sirius and he is not in the list so I voted for Fred & George

sionnach wrote:
    Well he sure isn't a five time winner of witch weekly's most charming smile award.

LOL He sure isn't!!!
    Nor has he defeated the Bandon Banshee!...oh wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

i love ron and his being an akward person, he is best. although there is another luna lovegood, she is just fabulous with her randomness

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

Love hagrid. if she does away with him in the last book i'll have to take a weeks compassionate leave from work just to recover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Hmmm so many to choose from... Sirius, Lupin, Dumbledore and Malfoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

who chose harry!????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Without doubt.................Professor Sinistra :D:D:D ....the Astronomy professor mentioned maybe once per book....definetly the greatest literary creation of all time..........i think she should have her own fansite.......

unfortunately,shes not in the poll,so i voted for Snape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

Although I don't like him as a person, my favourite character has to be Snape - he's just so delightfully nasty and nuanced - the whole back-story we see in Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince is brilliant.
    Luna Lovegood rocks my socks too. I'd love to meet someone that spaced out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I loved Dumbledore, the next book will be really strange.

Frd & Grorge are great comic releif to the book,as is Loony Luna. She's a classic sidekick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Hermione's just likeably naive, Ginny's hilarious, Malfoys just evil and mean (which is great) and Hagrid's a sound country buffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

its got to be.............well i like the quirky characters that arent really featured in the book like Fleur or Trelwany but out of that List the twins and ginny - at least they bring a few laughs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Ron by a mile, he's hilarious! And I love hagrid aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

supersheep wrote:
    Although I don't like him as a person, my favourite character has to be Snape - he's just so delightfully nasty and nuanced - the whole back-story we see in Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince is brilliant.
    Luna Lovegood rocks my socks too. I'd love to meet someone that spaced out...
    Totally agree! Snape is my favourite and has been for years. He just fascinates me as a character and the more back-story we get for him, the more interesting he becomes! Luna was a pleasant surprise in a book I otherwise didn't enjoy that much. And she continues to be great and fun and the un-stereotypical Ravenclaw. If all the houses could have some examples of non-stereotypical students from them I'd enjoy the Harry Potter series a lot more.

Hermione also deserves an honourable mention from me as one of my favourite characters. I can understand why anyone would find her infuriating, but as someone said earlier, I can identify a lot of my character in her so I can't help but like her. And occasionally feel embarrassed with her too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

d4gurl wrote:
    its got to be.............well i like the quirky characters that arent really featured in the book like Fleur or Trelwany but out of that List the twins and ginny - at least they bring a few laughs!
    yea agree totally with that

oh and seamus finnigan cos he's the only irish person!! :D

Advertisement