Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can some1 please post Smarts Aolynk

• 24-08-2005 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

DR814 screenshots of his/her rputer configuration?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that his router hangs whenever he uses p2p.
    And the previous post went way off-topic.

cheers, arik

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I don't think anyone has actually got it fixed. None of the firmware upgrades helped. Didn't work for me.

I gave up and both one of the Belkin ADSL2+ wireless routers from Argos at €120.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

This has been talked about already but moved to the computer forum, I think.
    To do with DNS but I'm saying no more because of your reasons for iut not working.

Do a search on DNS router

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

wont be resolved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Did you disable Intrusion Detection and the Firewall on the modem? Although this doesn't fully resolve the issue, it does mean the modem "hangs" less often.

Did you disable Intrusion Detection and the Firewall on the modem? Although this doesn't fully resolve the issue, it does mean the modem "hangs" less often.

Yes I've tried that, still no joy.
    Tried DMZ, portforwarding and (vice versa - make emule/shareza etc get low id) still without no real change, less then 1 hour after I open any p2p software I have and I'm disconnected until I unplug my router, otherwise all day without a glitch

• Advertisement

Got this response (will check tonight if working):
    Dear Arik,

Thank you for using HuaWei-3Com product。
    You say that DR814 halts when you use Emule or Shareza application,and have to restore by unplugging.You may try to do these:
    1.Please enable PC's UPnP service if you use Win XP.(Control panel->Add/Delete application->Add/delete windows components->network service->UPnP)
    2.Limit(Generally reduce) upload or download speed in Emule or Shareza.(Modifying in application)
    3.Trigger ports. you may trigger TCP/UDP port according to application.(Login DR814 as admin/admin->Advanced->Security Policy->Trigger->New trigger)
    If you have any query,please don't hesitate to keep in touch with us.

Best regards

Li KaWen(No. 193)
    HuaWei-3Com SOHO Technical Support Center
    soho@huawei-3com.com

Then i've sent him some more Q's and got this one has a suppliment:

I've checked your trigger configuration,some places need to be modified. 'Max Activity Interval ' can't be setup value '0'.Change 0 into 10000(or other value)(s). 'Address Translation Type' refers to 'Transport Type' please. Suggest setting 'Secondary Port Number Start' and 'Secondary Port Number End' from 1024 to 65535. Check your application Emule or Shareza,if relevant udp port exists,you may add new trigger.
    Hope that it can help to you. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Lacking the use of a aolynk modem just have a look around in the webconfig to see if there is a option for DNS Relay or something like that, and disable it and set your DNS settings manually. If that doesn't work I'd go have a look at getting a decent router. netgear dg834 would be a good choice.

TimTim wrote:
    Lacking the use of a aolynk modem just have a look around in the webconfig to see if there is a option for DNS Relay or something like that, and disable it and set your DNS settings manually. If that doesn't work I'd go have a look at getting a decent router. netgear dg834 would be a good choice.

There is dns relay which is created automatically by smart broadband every time I connect (after it hangs) - when I delete them (only option is to remove both pri. and sec.) I can no longer surf the net.
    I haven't actually tried putting any other Irish dns hoping it'll resolve the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

er, well with no DNS servers your not going to get very far ;)

Try leaving your network card to obtain an ip address automatically (Which it already is), but manually set your DNS servers on your PC to these...

smart DNS servers

If you have no luck try one of the other Irish ones...

Esat DNS servers

That should bypass the DSL relay feature and at least rule it out as being part of the problem.

Snaga wrote:
    er, well with no DNS servers your not going to get very far ;)

Your post is what I meant but in much clearer terms :p

I think I should go get a coke to wake my brain up.

• Advertisement

TimTim wrote:
    Your post is what I meant but in much clearer terms :p

I think I should go get a coke to wake my brain up.

I'm using Esats dns, also triggered the port, etc
    Emule is set to hard limit of 30, and I'm now d/ling for about 12 hours straight! (slowly but steady).
    P.s.
    =-=
    Found a nice reviewed ADSL router for 55 Euros in dublin (in case it wont work):
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10289
    http://www.jump.co.za/Products/ProductAllReviews.asp?ProductCode=PR014168

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Get rid of the hard limit and see if it still keels over :)

Snaga wrote:
    Get rid of the hard limit and see if it still keels over :)
    It does die whenever I increase the connections/hard limit

arikv wrote:
    It does die whenever I increase the connections/hard limit

So your P2P app is opening ports faster then your router can release them. I'd say you have to keep that hard limit on or find the offending option in the router and change it.

Advertisement