Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone to accompany my pda?

• 24-08-2005 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

I need a phone to accompany my pda. I want it to have EDGE so I can access the internet at decent speeds. I do not need the mobile to provide any pda functionality, for obvious reasons. I don't mind the cost particularly, so what can you recommend.

Have had a 8310 for the last 3 years, so am well out of touch :O)

Inqui

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

What's your PDA? None of the networks here (currently) offer EDGE, you got a choice of GPRS or 3G (with Voda)...

Sounds like a GPRS or 3G handset with Bluetooth could be the way to go... plenty of choice out there... you plan to stick with Nokia or open to other manufacturers... you happy to get iti SIM free or need to move/stick with a specific operator...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dell Axim 50v pda, happy to stay with nokia or move on, don't need any pda functionality in the phone, but a decent camera would be nice. Am currently contracted with Vodafone. GPRS is too slow, so maybe 3G would be the right option.

Tnx,

Inqui

Advertisement