Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE K750i & Meteor

• 24-08-2005 1:42pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭

At the moment I'm on o2 on the 10 package which works out about €50 (includes 200 texts for €7.50) but am not due an upgrade for a good while and was thinking of switching to meteor mainly for the new SE phone and I reckon I could save a few quid.

My main issue I have is I'm not 100% convinced meteor has a good a quality network as o2.

I know metoer and o2 have an agreement but that only covers certain parts of Ireland.

I live in Lucan and do the odd bit of travel down the country for work. I also go to London every couple of weeks. Has any one had any issues with Meteor with this regard?

Has any one switched from 02 to Meteor lately? What do they think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 grey wolf

I switched from o2 to Meteor a few weeks ago and the coverage is very dodgy once you move out of dublin-a lot of SOS calls only,but at e 40 for
    200mins and 80 texts I can put up with it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Does the o2 agrement not make any difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Only makes a difference in parts of the West, Clare, Mayo and Kerry I think.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

silas wrote:
    Only makes a difference in parts of the West, Clare, Mayo and Kerry I think.

I thought as much. I had a meteor phone (a free one I got as a 1st year years ago) and it was **** coverage. I presume they have picked things up since then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

i was in with meteor today and they told me they arent even selling the SE K750i they only just got in the K700!
    i'm with meteor over a year after a switch from O2 and i find them perfect (although i dont be outside of Dublin much)

• Advertisement

jones wrote:
    i was in with meteor today and they told me they arent even selling the SE K750i they only just got in the K700!
    i'm with meteor over a year after a switch from O2 and i find them perfect (although i dont be outside of Dublin much)

CPW have it as an exclusive for a month before Metoer shops sell it

ah i see!! how much was it there and did they have it sim free??

jones wrote:
    ah i see!! how much was it there and did they have it sim free??

Goes from €89 to €169 depending on plan and trade in. Sim free is €420. o2 is meant to do it sim free for €369 (but I think its locked to o2 network but you get just the phone if you know what i mean) but the grafton st shop said they didnt sell it. Tallaght are meant to.

Saw it in a newsagent Bachelors walk for €400 but I wouldnt buy it from there!

cheers for the info!!
    i was in O2 today and they told me they dont sell it simfree at all he was trying to get me to sign up to a bill (not making that mistake again) i'm just going to get it online for 360 me thinks

Which online shop are you using?

Does €360 include p&p?

• Advertisement

pixmania (uk version) with a tenner off for good measure.
    comes to €363 once converted (including p&p)

Are they reliable?

Heading over to a mates in Sept. If its a decent web site might get one sent to him

they're a french company but theres a collection point in london me thinks!! i got a camcorder off them a while ago and no problems as of yet (touch wood) some people dont like them but i've had no problem!!!

Is the conversion you got just the price they give the sterling price in Euros? How much is the p&p?

If they have a collection point does it mean I can walk in and pick one up? Must have a look at the site in more detail

I got a sterling price just doing the conversion myself it was pretty accurate last time around!! yeah the shops a walk in as far as I know. think p&p was 15euro or something!!!

Advertisement