Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Retro Mag

Options
  • 24-08-2005 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

And very well written it is as well. Looks like I'll have to print it out to read on the bog now as Retrogamer has gone t*ts up.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Retrogamer has gone? Sad to see it go, but I think most of the blame has to be down to its price because of the covermount CD. It pushed the price up to €10 and was nearly always just stuff you could get for nothing off the 'net. If they had a more reasonable price and just the magazine, it would have done much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Hmmmm, Live publishing have gone into administration so the future is very bleak for the mag indeed. Somebody could pick it up I suppose but I can't see that.

I agree with you on the covermount issue, the cds that came with it more often than not contained freely available software and emulators. I'd have bought the mag for 5euros if they ditched the cd's no problem. I have the vast majority of the stuff anyway, as I'm sure most of the of people who bought the mag regularly do as well. All I was interested in was the articles and the fact that reading a magazine is a lot more comfortable than sitting reading the same article on a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

On which note, I really wish the escapist could be printed out for cheap.
    I'd gladly pay €2.50 or thereabouts per week for it (no, not in donations)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    On which note, I really wish the escapist could be printed out for cheap.
    I'd gladly pay €2.50 or thereabouts per week for it (no, not in donations)

Why not just print off the pdf file that they have on their site ?

TC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Retrogamer has gone? Sad to see it go, but I think most of the blame has to be down to its price because of the covermount CD. It pushed the price up to €10 and was nearly always just stuff you could get for nothing off the 'net. If they had a more reasonable price and just the magazine, it would have done much better.
    Ya, I was talking about this on another forum; apparently they told someone who asked could they have a version of the mag without the disc which was a bit cheaper, No, because market research indicated that the mags target audience expected, and was prepared to pay for, a coverdisc with relevant stuff in it.

So much for marketers, eh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TinCool wrote:
    Why not just print off the pdf file that they have on their site ?

TC
    The colours. My printer's crap. That & I don't wanna keep buying ink :rolleyes:

Advertisement