Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week

Options
  • 24-08-2005 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I've heard Big Generator are playing the Wednesday the 21st. Any other acts confirmed or rumoured. I've heard Aslan are playing too :( !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Beware, last time Big Generator played in th S.U the power went... rather ironic that!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Theyve played since that. Great band.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Theyve played since that. Great band.

great band??? have you ears?

No, I'm the guy nodding his head with no ears. Come up and sign hello to me next bar-ex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    No, I'm the guy nodding his head with no ears. Come up and sign hello to me next bar-ex.
    ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Big Generator are from my town, so it's just gonna be like home!

(The fact I've never gone to see them, in the last ten years means nothing...nothing at all :) )

i can't believe they're still around. they must be ancient by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ilashs

Im starting first year and want to know wat happens freshers week. concerts and stuff wat happened last year? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

when's the first day in Maynooth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

first years start next monday week, the rest are back the following monday(19th i think) thats when freshers fortnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

God help us all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

The Blizzards are playing!

They are mighty. Saw them at Oxegen and they were so much fun. Bought their single and was very dissapointed but I reckon this will be great.

was pirate night as awful as everyone's been saying? heard not many dressed up or anything.

Pirate night was quite poor. There were a few but mainly people from the Students Union.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

YYYAAAARRRGGGHHHH pirate night was terrrriffic, but there should have been more pirates out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Apart from two people (who may or may not be on Boards!) I heard it was boring and not many people made the effort. Shame on ye freshers, shame on ye!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I made the effort unlike most of the other scurvy sea-dogs there. Serious lack of pirates. Ah well, I had my fun and that's all that matters.

Yes Nimrod, that's all that matters! I can't wait to see those photos! :D

En route!

• Advertisement

Goody!

Ha ha ye look class! Arrrr! Good effort boys! :D

It's school uniform night tonight!

Excellent, hands up all the ladies who are going! Giggidy, giggidy. ;)

Oh I'm staying well away from all that fresher crap. I'm not going out in Maynooth until it's over.

I was gonna dust off my Britney Spears outfit. Now I'm not so sure. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

@_@

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey, I`m a first year by the way. The SU bar sucks. I hate the way its laid out or something, its hard to just go up and talk to people you don`t know because of it. The Pirate thing was crap and the school disco was dead too. Like in a dico you should be able to dance! why did`nt they push all the chairs and that to the side like they do for the Bar Ex?

Wednesday night was great fun though and I`m really looking forword too Tuesday to see The Blizzards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

Beau wrote:
    Hey, I`m a first year by the way. The SU bar sucks. I hate the way its laid out or something, its hard to just go up and talk to people you don`t know because of it. The Pirate thing was crap and the school disco was dead too. Like in a dico you should be able to dance! why did`nt they push all the chairs and that to the side like they do for the Bar Ex?

Wednesday night was great fun though and I`m really looking forword too Tuesday to see The Blizzards.
    I haven't gone to any of the freshers fortnight stuff, I'm either too tired or too busy. We tried getting into the quiz but there were no chairs so me and my roommates went to the Roost. I love the look of the SU bar and everything but the music is way too loud. You can't just sit and talk. And everybody I've talked to has said that to me aswell.
    I am looking forward to next week though. The Tuesday bar-ex is good cuz I've no classes til 12 the next day, I'm looking forward to the Comedy night and I can't wait to join some clubs and socs..

• Advertisement

I love the look of the SU bar and everything but the music is way too loud. You can't just sit and talk. And everybody I've talked to has said that to me aswell.

Its only like that for Freshers week because theres a DJ. It's alright in terms of noise levels during the year.

Advertisement