Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Yeah wht's the story with the sound inside there, it's crap. The music is turned up so loud that the speakers just keep on buzzing. Gotta love the E3 fosters though....he who drinks australian, thinks australian........(brewed in cork).....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Yeah what's the story with the sound inside there, it's crap. The music is turned up so loud that the speakers just keep on buzzing. Gotta love the E3 fosters though....he who drinks australian, thinks australian........(brewed in cork).....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Its only like that for Freshers week because theres a DJ. It's alright in terms of noise levels during the year.
    Oh good, I really like the look of the place and if the music was a bit lower I would definitely go there more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Cool_CM wrote:
    Yeah what's the story with the sound inside there, it's crap. The music is turned up so loud that the speakers just keep on buzzing.

Its the limiters I think. Where was the DJ setup? If it was at the top of the stairs or under them, the DJ is way behind the speakers, and its hard to get a good representation of just how loud (or not) the sound is. And, if the volume out from his mixer is too loud in volume to the amps, then the limiter will cut back certain frequencies in the sounds it outputs to the amps, and therefore the sound coming out of the speakers is not as good.

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

i like the su bar during the day but thats about it. plus its full of first years now - no offence and its just plain annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

agreed, can't wait till a few weeks when things settle down again in the su.

waht's on tomorrow night by the way? prob just head to the glengooly anyway though....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Tomorrow in the SU is apparently The Walls, Aslan had to cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Holy God, is it still Fresher's Week? The Roost was pretty jammed last night. Many of the clientele were fresh-faced, wide-eyed youngsters who looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing. That gave me a laugh! I'm hoping that the traffic in the pub slows down as the academic year goes on cos I need my peace and quiet.
    Yours etc.,
    Cantankerous Old Bastard. ;)

Advertisement