Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to lay a DEVI underfloor heating mat

Options
  • 24-08-2005 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I am going to lay a DEVI underfloor heating mat in my bathroom but need some advice on how to go about it.

Electrician has run a cable for it so powering it is not a problem. I will double check but am pretty sure it’s the Devimat DTIF I got (got it half price off a mate who knows a lad who works for DEVI) so this one has only one cold tail making it easier to layout. It came with a length of thin black piping – is this to run the sensor through?

The instructions are pretty poor so I’m not sure what to do with the sensor – does it need to run across the mat or where should it go?

I will be laying ceramic tiles on top of the heating mat and my main question is: what should I put on top of the mat? Do I just lay the tile adhesive extra thick to cover the mat or should I put leveling compound over the mat and then tile adhesive on top of it? Do I need to get special heat resistant tile adhesive (stuff I have is flexible but doesn’t explicitly mention heat resistance)?

Should I staple the mat (taking care to miss the cables) to the 6mm plywood underneath which is firmly screwed into the floorboards below?

Do I need to put down insulation below the mat or will the plywood prevent it losing too much heat?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Hello, i know its ages since you posted the question but weve just had our bathroom done with Devi Mats and the guys that installed it said there was a layer of "glue" over the mat and then the tile adhesive etc... Thats the extent of the conversation, hope it gives you a little insight athough it doesnt seem like much...

Heat Head

Advertisement