Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick site check please..

Options
  • 24-08-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, just did a wee design for a mate. Can anyone have a wee look and tell me your opinions?

I'm getting into using no tables but this does have a table, I'm sure it's dead easy to do that without it but I needed it up quickly.

I'm particularly interested in the class vs id thing, hopefully I did it correctly, it validates on w3c.

http://www.gazi-grip.com/

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Looks nice and simple. I like the colours also.
    Maybe move the home link to the top of the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

the menu is a bit just out there by itself. I'd tie it into the left maybe or in some way ground it in the interface.

The grey for the background is ok, and the grey for the 'gripping in greece' is ok too, but both together make for too much grey.

clean and simple though, and on the right track i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Thanks guys. I was going to have the menu with a bit of padding round it so that text floats around the side and bottom. But I'll keep that in mind, it may be nice to make it look set to the edge huh? I agree with the grey comment, I'm not a colourful designer at all..

kbannon, yeah, you're right about the home link, cheers for that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dangerman wrote:
    the menu is a bit just out there by itself. I'd tie it into the left maybe or in some way ground it in the interface.
    With a blurb of text and a pic or two though, all spaced similarly from the side, it might look good though.

Advertisement