Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blitzball

Options
  • 24-08-2005 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I hate it.

Should I just ignore it (I'm told there is only one obligatory game in FFX and I lost that badly) or do you guys have any tips for doing for the Besaid Aurochs what your man did for Chelsea?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i find blitzball very easy,just train up tidud so that he can score from anywhere on the 'pitch' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I don't really have much in the way of tips, but I should point out that that one obligitory game is supposed be tough, and most people will lose it on their first playthrough. My first time around I lost a good few games before my players got a bit of Exp and I got used to the game enough for a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'm having to re-do my efforts in Blitzball again, as i trawl through tourneys and leagues to get that bloody sigil for Wakka .. Ropp is currently lvl 47 and climbing due to my amount of playtime lol .

Oh, anyone think of a good replacement for Rin in RD ? he aint doing so well atm coz he got no tackles :p

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I have propably spent more time playing blitzball then the rest of the game i find it addictive getting all those techniques and levels :rolleyes:

its also very strange how if you sell all the starting aurochs like botta and letty they end up getting really good when signed up for another team then you buy them back later with all those techiwues learnt

I found an excellent goalkeeper who is pretty much unbeatable so i dont really have to worry bout anything but invsible shots i think her name is "Myu"? shes one of the warrior monks i recommend nabbing "berrick" if you can for RD he has nap tackle 2 and the strongest pass in the game. Also if you can get balgerda on LD your set for defense

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Actually, i hunted around for a new player and nicked Eigaar from the Al-Bhed team, stuck him upfront, moved Brother into midfield and now Ropp is in RD :D
    I'm not gonna bother with anymore forwards as i've got Jecht Shot 2 hehehe.

As for playtime, i'm on 140 hours and climbing as i'll need to prepare to keel Penance ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Actually, i hunted around for a new player and nicked Eigaar from the Al-Bhed team, stuck him upfront, moved Brother into midfield and now Ropp is in RD :D
    I'm not gonna bother with anymore forwards as i've got Jecht Shot 2 hehehe.

As for playtime, i'm on 140 hours and climbing as i'll need to prepare to keel Penance ;)

Beat Penance? Good luck to you bud. I'm near 220 hours and haven't beaten the fecker, I'm sure its my strategy rather than my characters but damn he's hard.

The blitzball gets far too easy too quickly for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

The main reason to play blitzball is to attain Wakka's limit breaks and sigil.

For good players look for:
    Gaolie: Nimrook ( Al bhed psyches ), Jumal ( In luca city)
    Defenders: Brother (Airship), Ropp (Mi'ihen Highroad, Travel Agency), Wedge (Luca Stadium, Main Gate),

Midfield: Brother, Ropp, Tatts ( Kilika Port, Docks) , Rin (Airship)
    Forwards: Tidus, Vilucha (Besaid Village, House)*, Eigaar (Al Bhed Psyches)

My experience is that after you've gotten Wakka's limits and Jupiter Sigil, there's little point as the prizes can be attained faster elsewhere.

*Must be gotten BEFORE Dark Aeons appear, or else you've got fight Dark Valefor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

Must kill blitzball!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I hate it.

Should I just ignore it (I'm told there is only one obligatory game in FFX and I lost that badly) or do you guys have any tips for doing for the Besaid Aurochs what your man did for Chelsea?
    like all other mini-games in FF (and for that matter GTA!) if you find they're getting on your tits, ignore 'em....none essential. O'course if you want the zap-pow-bang 100% mallarky, you'll have no choice except to go the distance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I hated the game the first time I played through the game, but I played through again at the start of the year and got hooked on it. now I sometimes just play it to play blitzball!

• Advertisement
Advertisement