Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl BB and wireless

• 24-08-2005 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

anyone got any recommendations for setting up an ntl broadband cable modem with a wireless router/access point for a pc and a mac? Gear you have used and any probs/hits/tips you have/had would be usefull. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

I recently bought a Motorola 802.11g WiFi Wireless Router WR850G for my NTL BB on ebay. I just turned off the broadband modem and plugged the ethernet cable from my the modem into the router instead. I linked the router to the PC using an ethernet cable to set up the router and loaded up a web browser to 192.168.10.1 or something like that. It only took a couple of minutes to set it up. The wireless part of it was simple enough, just follow the manual by setting up the various recommendations on security.

I had been looking around for a router for awhile and came across the Motorola one on ebay. It only cost me about 25.00 EUR including postage from Tralee. The item was sold as new and it certainly didn't look used. Its from a company called VBNets. I did a search on Boards and they seem fairly reputable. Anyway, if you are interested here is a link - http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5793929142

ps Don't forget to power off the NTL modem before connecting it to the router as the modem remembers the MAC address of the last connected device and you need to flush this.

Good luck!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sigh, this question has been asked and answered many times on this forum, just do a search.

Or buy any of the routers from this page, they will all work with NTL:
    http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/Category.asp?CatID=20&l=2&PcatIDL1=2&PcatIDL2=2&CnL1=NTL/Telewest&CnL2=Wireless%20Cable%20Routers

The sooner NTL start selling a modem with a wireless router the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Pabloescobar

thanks

Advertisement