Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same house - 30k difference!

Options
  • 24-08-2005 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

€370k here

€340k here

Another example of ripoff ireland. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Maybe one of the sites is out of date (or Chara.ie's 'cut' is 30k :))

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

nah, they are both in date. savage price difference or "cut" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

In fairness, these are guide prices which people already have problems with. So, I wouldn't really say it's a ripoff. It's an issue alright, but no one is getting ripped off.

It's not like you could walk in off the street and say, I'll have that house for €340k thanks.

Chances are the buyer will be buying at a price higher than both anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

did u ever go and buy a house? normally you would go by the guide price to submit an offer. there's no way anyone would offer 340k for something that's listed as 370k. so the site with the 370k is diliberately inflating the price on the basis that they would get larger offers in, assuming the unsuspecting customer doesnt see the other estate agent. estate agents are a big problem, they are controlling the pricing of the 2nd hand houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The 7 is just above the 4 so maybe it was a tpyo,tpoy .....typo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

What a kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

sounds like a good idea to me.

post with two different prices, see if anyone is willing to buy at 370 mark, if not someone will see the other and offer around 340.

would ensure you got the best price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

It's just a lack of education on tha part of buyers. Esate agents have guide prices which can be 10-25% below the actual desired sale price. Depending of the value of the house andtarget market. It is a business practice not a rip off. Some estate agents will advise low guides while others say go with a higher one. In case you think they won't tell you the big three said so in national media a month or so ago. You can ask the estate agent what their normal guide is based on. THey may even tell you what price will be acceptable on the particular house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

regardless of whether is 340k or 370k...its a ridiculous price to pay for an old house in balbriggan...especially seeing as you can buy brand new houses for less than 300k there!plus the town is a kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

bullrunner wrote:
    regardless of whether is 340k or 370k...its a ridiculous price to pay for an old house in balbriggan...especially seeing as you can buy brand new houses for less than 300k there!plus the town is a kip
    I would agree except the full planing permission adds a considerable amount to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I would agree except the full planing permission adds a considerable amount to it.
    Exactly. Full Planning Permission for a 3 Bed Detached house would be worth around €130,000 or you could build the house yourself for around €90,000 and sell it for €250,000 :)

If I were the seller, I'd build the house and sell the 2 houses for around €500,000.

Advertisement