Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting CCNP

Options
  • 24-08-2005 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi all,

I passed the CCNA exam in May of this year and, after a suitable break, I'm now looking to obtain the CCNP. If anyone here has passed (or attempted) this qualification I'd be interested in hearing about the experience. Some things I'd like to know are:

- Cost and Spec for a typical home lab
    - Good classroom based courses to consider
    - Which is advisable: Taking the routing and switching exams separately or taking the Composite exam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

I've passed the BSCI and BCMSN so far. Hoping to get the other two done in the next few weeks. They were tricky enough exams and you'll need to know the topics inside out.

I did the two courses for those exams with Global Knowledge - I'd recommend them if your company will pay for them. If you want to study yourself then get the latest Cisco Press books, they cover everything that's done in the courses.

Advertisement