Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

DaveMcG wrote:
    ^
    When do we get the Guide thing? During Freshers' Week, or Reg week, or wha?

It is winging its way to you this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Great, I will welcome it with open arms!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Appeal it Zane. There's no point in not at least trying to appeal it.

Pweeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Sorry to hear about that Zane, and compo is coming in this year? Talk about bad luck! But maybe you'll pick another subject and really enjoy it? Anyway I'm sending you a virtual hug :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

blondie83 wrote:
    Sorry to hear about that Zane, and compo is coming in this year? Talk about bad luck! But maybe you'll pick another subject and really enjoy it? Anyway I'm sending you a virtual hug :)

Yes blondie virtual hug has arrived in my inbox...... virtual hugs rule! :)
    Blush_01 wrote:
    Appeal it Zane. There's no point in not at least trying to appeal it.

Pweeze?

I think I'm gonna try something anyway on grounds of..........

''I achieved a 2:1 in the 2 subjects I wanted to carry on into 2nd year first time around (these subjects I attened next to every tutorial and submitted all coursework on time) and was only 6.5% off passing the 3rd ''unwanted 2nd year'' subject which it's paper 1 was made unfair in comparison to the May exam and it was a subject in which he attended 9/10 tutorials and submitted 3/3 essays on time.'' Maybe not in those exact words but you get my drift.

Offically I don't have any grounds for an appeal but on ''common sense grounds'' no one could say I wouldn't be good enough for my other 2 subjects in 2nd year. Considering compensation is being introduced in 2005/2006 and if this same situation arised next year I would be in 2nd year, common sense should prevail........ but hey this is UCD isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

*Hug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Yay another *hug* :) . It's becoming quite a trend these days but it would be better folks put your energy into bringing down the evil Sociology department! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

*jumps on the bandwagon*

*hugs*

*goes off to destroy sociology*

Advertisement