Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did this come about?!

• 24-08-2005 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed lately that more and more guys are going around in sweatpants tucked into their socks, tight pink or yellow H&M polo shirts, fake H&M jewellery and then those hair cuts...you know the ones...the ones with the blonde dye in parts and then gelled in various locations...couldn't find a pic.
    Has anyone else noticed this "trend"?I personally think it's ridiculous looking but what do other people think?Are you one of these people?
    Oh and girls, what's your view on this?

I've a feeling that the people wearing this stuff are the same crowd who were wearing full tracksuit sets, gold jewellery, and those "spider fringes" six months ago and now fancy themselves as "metrosexual"..

Anyway, opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Where have you been? Under a rock?! This carry on has been around for ages. And I for one, don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh i've seen it since probably the start of the summer, but just been noticing an increase in the amount i've been seeing lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

it started when the scumdrum sc opened, I reckon. More shops to steal from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

not my cup of tea, but hey, live and let die, ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i live in cork, and can honestly say i've NEVER seen anyone walking around like that.

• Advertisement

You just wait...it'll spread, and when it does...BAM..there'll be no controlling it.
    Just pray H&M doesn't open in Cork(if it hasnt already)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i've seen.

For the comic value it provides, i dont mind it.

i've seen.

For the comic value it provides, i dont mind it.

I'd like to say i find it funny...well maybe at the start of the summer..but by now it's just so annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Yellow,Babby blue and pink t-shirts look great on guys

Yellow,Babby blue and pink t-shirts look great on guys

no they dont!!! :confused: they look gay!!!

• Advertisement

I've a few light blue polos and tshirts, but don't have those awful haircuts i was referring to earlier so they look in no way gay on me, and I know that for a fact.
    Yellow now, wouldn't wear it personally.
    And i've one or two really nice pink shirts, which again, don't make me look gay in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

it takes a *real* man to wear pastels...

regarding the haircuts -on some guys its quite 'hot' on others they just look like lame wannabes.
    fake h&m jewellery simple no no no!
    any kind of jeans/tracksuit/trousers tucked into anything is just wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

yellow,pink and baby blue would only like nice on guys if its not one of those cheap,tacky shirts you get in most of the shops on henry st. its funny to look at those guys

IMO, i think pastels look awful on guys, no matter what its worn with or how expensive it is. it looks so effeminate.

tbh it depends on the guy! what looks great on one lad might be fugly on another.

Very true, i saw this guy with the same light blue RL polo one day and it looked absolutely brutal on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pastels are just not manly. I can't stand seeing guys in pastel polos. And tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks? WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

rb_ie wrote:
    Very true, i saw this guy with the same light blue RL polo one day and it looked absolutely brutal on him.
    lmao at the obsession with brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I haven't actually seen too many but then again I haven't been looking at peoples ankles this year. I might take a look tomorrow.

The "hands in pants" trend seems to have disappeared too.

grimloch wrote:
    The "hands in pants" trend seems to have disappeared too

ROFL.........so true!

• Advertisement

Not completely!I've seen the same guys i posted this thread about doing it!

Advertisement