Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wednsday night games (scores and goals inside)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Drogba

Chel 3-0 WBA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

sorry meant davids who they just brought on, they have to do it now.

Brian017 wrote:
    Drogba

Chel 3-0 WBA

Excellent that will give him, and the team confidence. Just watch him get subbed off now.

Sandals wrote:
    Excellent that will give him, and the team confidence. Just watch him get subbed off now.
    He is subbed, for Crespo.

Villarreal 1-0 Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sandals wrote:
    What is happening to the league leaders?

They played last night. Beat Sunderland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thats just heartbreak on Everton.
    Utter heartbreak :(

Brian017 wrote:
    He is subbed, for Crespo.

Crespo is on fire now!

just co-set-up lampard with robben

Lampard

Chel 4-0 WBA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Utter heartbreak

*sobs*

PHB wrote:
    Utter heartbreak :(

It would be an injustice if villareal didnt get through after the year they had,

esp. with players like; figuero sorin riquelme and who could forget forlan.

Henry
    Arsenal 3 - 1 Fulham

Yeh I agree, its a horrible tie, with both teams after last year deserving to get through.

PHB wrote:
    Yeh I agree, its a horrible tie, with both teams after last year deserving to get through.

especially when you see sides like Anderlecht getting through,again.

Also werder Bremen, You just know they will be **** in europe again next year.

PHB wrote:

OT I know, but where does your sig come from?

Lucas Neill walks at Ewood Park, stupid tackle according to Sky Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Sandals wrote:
    Also werder Bremen, You just know they will be **** in europe again next year.
    Eh............didnt they reach the knock-out stages last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

4-1 Arsenal

that man Cygan again!

Cygan

4-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Sandals wrote:
    I was a bit surprised with Mourinhos decision to "rest" Robbyn,Duff,Cech,Ferreira and CARVALHO
    It is just stupid that he wouldnt give carvalho a chance.

Glen Johnson,essien,wright phillips and joe cole start.

There is no respect for the fantasy football players...have Cech and Ferreire on my team and would have got loads of points for 2 clean sheets :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

henry with 2, excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

haha Cygan was loving it, he was getting cheered every time he touched the ball :)

Rooney Rossi Ronaldo

PHB wrote:
    Rooney Rossi Ronaldo

Hehe.

Thats my nick on betfair poker...

What was Jol thinking of tonight? Playing a Blackburn team missing Bellamy and Dickov and using 4-5-1 and he rests three of our first XI with 2 already injured? Injury time now, and we've had one shot all game. Yes, one shot.

Possession:
    Blackburn 56%
    Tottenham 44%

Shots:
    Blackburn 11
    Tottenham 1

Corners:
    Blackburn 7
    Tottenham 0

Fouls:
    Blackburn 15
    Tottenham 12

Blackburn deserve to have won that. Not good enough from Spurs, regardless of who we play on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Why is Ronaldo not playing from the start in the Premiership? I have him in my fantasy premiership team but I am thinking about selling him....he is damn good, but if he doesn't play regulary....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Good night for me in the fantasy football, two blackburn defenders, John Terry, Lampard, Henry as captain :)

evilhomer wrote:
    Good night for me in the fantasy football, two blackburn defenders, John Terry, Lampard, Henry as captain :)

Pretty good myself, Friedel and Terry get clean sheets, Lampard as captain (and his two goals count for more than Henry's...), Davids, Gamst Pedersen, and Davies all make appearances, and Henry gets me two.

Lampard got me 26 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Game on! :) I find myself wanting Everton to win, its not right! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

eirebhoy wrote:
    Lampard was an AMC whenever he played until Gudjohnson got moved to midfield. Sometimes he would come back to collect the ball but then again, so does Ronaldinho. I would say Gerrard is playing AMC at the moment for Liverpool but I always thought of him as a box to box midfielder. Scholes has always been an AMC even though he played in a midfield of just 2 in the centre. When Lampard was nominated for the FIFA team of the year he was under attacking midfielder. Not central midfielder which Beckham was nominated under at the time. He has since played a few games in the central midfield role and hasn't really impressed me (he plays there for England and I've never seen him play well for them, I haven't seen many of their games though).

Chelsea always played 3 in the centre. 1 DMC, 1 MC and 1 AMC. Makelele was always the DMC. For most of the season Lampard was the AMC and Tiago was the MC. When Guddy got into the team he played AMC and Lampard played MC.

Lampard and Gudjohnsen played in midfield 8 times last seasm. Chelsea condeded 10 goals in those 8 games which is unlike Chelsea.

Essien now comes in and plays the Tiago role allowing Lampard to move up into a more forward role.

The reason I think he's not good in central midfield and the reason I mentioned the goals conceded stat is because Lampard is not a tackler. One of the main attributes you should have ticked as a central midfielder is tackling. He's an AMC, end of.
    There is no disputing that Frank Lampards best position is in a more advanced midfield role, but to say he's a "brutal" CM, is just plain wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Why is Ronaldo not playing from the start in the Premiership? I have him in my fantasy premiership team but I am thinking about selling him....he is damn good, but if he doesn't play regulary....
    Don't worry, he was injured in the first game after the CL qualifier first leg, he was just being rested against Villa.

And Lucas Neill with a stupid tackle? No way :rolleyes:

I had a fantastic night in FF :)

Friedel in goal.
    Lampard with a brace
    Two spurs defenders for a clean sheet
    Gilberto with more steady points :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

There is no disputing that Frank Lampards best position is in a more advanced midfield role, but to say he's a "brutal" CM, is just plain wrong.

brutal wrong.......maybe , but saying he's an average CM and a very good AM would be about right .

Lampard is vastly overated as a CM .

Advertisement