Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you wear on nights out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Ry wrote:
    Loincloth...nuff said :rolleyes:

Ry

Heya SEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I wear 3 polos, musch sexier than 2 tbh.

:p

Nahh that's just over doing it, probably come across as a bit of a try hard tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Nah, I'm a borin fukker, i stick with the black shoes, black shirt, and jeans with the hair spiked up. Gettin paid this week so gonna buy a white tie for the craic. might get a new haircut too, but generally i wear shoes-jeans-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Black shoes
    Pair of cords or just regular jeans
    generic logo t-shirt
    sometimes wear a proper shirt if im going to a club or whatever but i usualy can't be bothered.

Boring, but men don't have much of a choice for this sorta thing, also up here theyre not as cosmo or as diverse as they would be in the big cities. Just fit in tbh.

Can usually get ready in 10 or so minutes, thats including shower, getting dressed, brush teeth comb hair etc

You wouldn't think of getting a blazer?They look well with the shoes-jeans/cords-tshirt combination

edit: just put that in cause you said you found it boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

to the question asked:

white shirt with some sort of patterns (slim fit,sleeves rolles up, half buttoned up).
    short or long sleeve tee ( usually a colourfull one with print on it ).
    Light blue jeans (got a nice pair of D&g's ;) )
    rockin the white k-swiss , or some light brown shoes (depends where ur goin)
    hair messed up (its black if ur wonderin , heh )
    and 1 1/2 sparys of Polo Blue (so the ladies lean in for a better whiff )

.....so where we headin tonight?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

rb_ie wrote:
    You wouldn't think of getting a blazer?They look well with the shoes-jeans/cords-tshirt combination

edit: just put that in cause you said you found it boring.

Aye nice blazer would look well tbh.

Have a habbit of leaving jackets behind myself tho.

Might look for one when i get some dollas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Recently it's been

t shirt, normally with something smart on it (liquor, she'll love it!) nice fitting, not loose, pair of jeans (sonneti current fav) and either cat boots or loafers of some sort.

It seems as thought getting dressed up isn't that big a deal anymore...haven't wore a shirt out in ages.

If its cold...have lovely tommy H black cardigan :)

Farlz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

Tight fit t-shirt to show off the muscles :cool: (a nice colour obviously)
    Baggy(ish) hip-hop styled jeans (roca-wear, phatfarm sean-john)
    Timberland's (choice of 4 different pairs)
    Messed hair
    Jean-Paul Gaultier smellies
    Bit of "Bling" but nothing over the top (less is best)
    And a Smile :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

"Jean-Paul Gaultier smellies"

....please dont mug me and take my i-pod.

lmao :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

Ha Ha

Dont know if I can make that promise. Nothing better than going out robbin' and smashing windows after a night out, really impresses the ladies at the Wezz when they see how "mad" I am :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Heya SEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D
    Scraggs wrote:
    hot^^

A bit of an Irishism here but,

How're Yee doin!? ;)

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 3cups

Ric_Flair wrote:
    Messed hair

Sad c*nt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Ric_Flair wrote:
    Messed hair

Jesus :rolleyes:

Btw how the hell do you wear TWO polo shirts? I hope I'm thinkin of the right thing but 2?!?! it seems rediculous cuz they've both collars on them so how does that work ??

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

I like the casual not give a sh*t look. I usually wear low cut jeans that are kinda ripped here and there. Nice pair of high heeled boots & a simple plain t-shirt or top. Hair = kinda the tossed wavy wind swept look. Some mascara, eyeliner, and dark eyeshadow for the smokey look. And off I go!

Total "get ready" time = approx 45 min or 1 hour. (Shower, do hair, get dressed) - Not bad in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I generally wear whatever I was already wearing. Generally, the only preparation I make is brushing my teeth, maybe some de-odourant, and possibly putting on my pair of comfy docs... Which usually leaves me in docs, a t-shirt and jeans/combats/black trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Usually jeans and a nice t-shirt, sometimes with my suit jacket over it or a shirt, or sometimes just the shirt. If I didn't have a shower it'd take my 5 minutes at most to get ready, but with a shower and a shave etc 20-25 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Double polo'ing it is SO last season, you know a trend is overplayed and dead when River Island and FCUK start doing it. And the hives look is horribly cliched and indie-rock.

Also a shirt with chinos would probably look pretty awful but Ive not seen your shirts so eh Ill give you the benefit of doubt on that one.

I wear...
    to a party/pub - tshirt or polo shirt and jeans
    to a club - dressier polo (less bright pastels, more 'serious' colours - black, white etc) or a shirt and darkish jeans

and always a contrasting inner tshirt under the outer tshirt/polo shirt layer, white inner with black polo, white with baby blue, navy with red etc.

edit: oh and last winter I wore a suitjacket while going to nicer clubs but thats getting a bit too last season at this stage too so Ill probably go without this winter. Will just get a light RL jacket and take it off when I get where Im going or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Baffled wrote:
    I like the casual not give a sh*t look. I usually wear low cut jeans that are kinda ripped here and there. Nice pair of high heeled boots & a simple plain t-shirt or top. Hair = kinda the tossed wavy wind swept look. Some mascara, eyeliner, and dark eyeshadow for the smokey look. And off I go!

Total "get ready" time = approx 45 min or 1 hour. (Shower, do hair, get dressed) - Not bad in my opinion.

This sounds nice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rb_ie wrote:
    I vote Gimp suit.
    Nightwish wrote:
    only in private
    rb_ie wrote:
    tar,you getting this?

hehe.Whatever the ladies want.
    i suppose i could bring one for the after 'party' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I would love to go out dressed like indiana jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ALKA

heres what i like to wear
    figure fitted jeans /skirt in nice weather
    indie/elegant tops
    medium heigh stilettos
    costume jewellery
    hair left down
    natural make up

and it would prob take me an hour to get ready and that includes shower/bath :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Depends on what time of year it is.. In Winter I love wearing black for some reason.. can never go wrong with a black halter neck top.. prob with either jeans or a pair of black hipsters.. Lot of black I know but I just love black, not a goth or anything I just think it suits me...

In summer I wear light dresses, or jeans or skirt with a light top with sandles (strappy girly sandles, not moses kind)

Also depends a lot on my budget of course... I hate wearing the same thing out a few times, theres nothing better than going on your night out with something new on, even if its just a new handbag, makes u feel so much better :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dodgy1

my first post!woohoo!

just wondering where ur signature(lyrics) came from?

cheers

btw whats the etiquette on private messages anyone?
    or any etiquette tips in general?
    e.g should i have a witty under-avatar slogan of my very own? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

dodgy1 wrote:
    my first post!woohoo!

cheers

his sig are the lyrics of My Immortal by Evanescence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Nightwish wrote:
    my guy better be in black.

:rolleyes:

Tusky wrote:
    :rolleyes:

whats wrong with my taste in men?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Nightwish wrote:

Mines better... & im not even gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yea I usually wear a gimp suit , yea !

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ry wrote:
    Loincloth...nuff said :rolleyes:

Ry
    You've been watching too many crap shampoo ads on TV :)

I wear good leather trainers/faded jeans/tightish T-shirt for my usual nights out (regular west end bar/all night clubbing/casual beer in A.Pub). You can get into most places in London that way. I hate having to dress up for whatever reason - personally I think shoes & jeans look terrible. The only alternative is wearing a suit, which I often do - I'll just wrangle in a way to make it that I go straight from work to wherever i'm going. If I really have to change out of the suit, i'd generally go for brown leather shoes/jeans/brown belt/long-sleeved shirt with a strong collar. I'd still feel like a mug though.

Tusky wrote:
    Mines better... & im not even gay.

dear god, my BF will be SO offended :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I know it's different in England, and maybe soon attitudes will change in Dublin too, but for the moment, I wouldn't go out in anything other than polo/jeans/rare adidas, and wouldn't be bothered with a pub that would refuse me for wearing same. Might sound incredible, but once there's no doubts about your age, or the company you're keeping, 99% of bouncers won't even give your clobber a second look. And I'm talking about 99% of pubs in town that I've been to; from the Foggy Dew to Renards, via Q.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dodgy1 wrote:
    my first post!woohoo!

cheers

you get your own slogan if you subscribe,otherwise it stays as registered user.
    etiquette eh,just pm somebody and dont abuse them tbh :)
    in general just dont abuse people and you will be fine.there is a newb faq as well lying around the place.
    nightwish got the song right.

nightwish wrote:

nothing!!!! don't listen to the straight man!!!!

New members FAQ
    Here

don't listen to the straight man!!!!

I have no intention of changing my taste in men cos some other guy doesnt like guys in black clothes...

oh,i thought you would :D there are too few of you as it is.

i'm an endangered species Tar!!!

procreate damn it,get all the girls like you to and goddamn multiply :)
    or clone....

• Advertisement

procreate damn it,get all the girls like you to and goddamn multiply :)
    or clone....
    no i hate children too much, and Ive killed off all the other girls like me to eliminate the competition :D

Nightwish wrote:
    no i hate children too much, and Ive killed off all the other girls like me to eliminate the competition :D
    you had better know how to make clones or else! *shakey fist*

you had better know how to make clones or else! *shakey fist*

no!!! the less there are of me the better

But you killed all the girls i like,how is that fair!!!i am not turning to men again :D

But you killed all the girls i like,how is that fair!!!i am not turning to men again :D
    I'm sure I missed a few.Anyway there's some lost little EMO kid in a Nirvana hoodie out there, waiting for you to rescue her from herself

Nightwish wrote:
    I'm sure I missed a few.Anyway there's some lost little EMO kid in a Nirvana hoodie out there, waiting for you to rescue her from herself
    haha,im sure you got them all and are just being nice! i think i'll avoid the emos for now....even if they be hot for they are a lost cause and cannot be saved by any means apart from getting older and copping on :)

• Advertisement

haha,im sure you got them all and are just being nice! i think i'll avoid the emos for now....even if they be hot for they are a lost cause and cannot be saved by any means apart from getting older and copping on :)

the only known cure for EMO is puberty

i thought i sad that...a good lad like me would do the trick for em too though ;)

Oh god would you just use PM's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Or get a room :D :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Yes, PM's, all the way. What do I usually wear out?! Really depends where I'm going.

Dinner with the girlies- low rise, vintage style Earl jeans, maybe with a plain white tshirt, sparkly flip flops or shoes, and the trusted little brown Louis V. Comes everywhere with me. Hair up, messily, it's curly so I can get away with it, natural make up, minimal jewellery- pearl earrings and REALLY long pearl neckace. If it's a bit chilly, black pinstripe blazer with Firetrap on the back in baby pink gothic script.

Club- usually skirts. Last time I went out, I wore a dusty pinkish brown silk rara mini that I got in London, sequin detail band at the top. Black camisole with lace detail, really fine straps, black satin stilletos, pointy toe and a bow on them. Very cute. Pink Juicy Couture bag, smoky eye make up, hair down and curly with a pink flower in it. My diamond stud earrings, diamond horse shoe pendant Daddy got me, silver bracelet. Sin é!

• Advertisement
Advertisement