Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aliadiere joins West Ham on loan

• 24-08-2005 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

French striker Jeremie Aliadiere has joined West Ham on loan from Arsenal.

The 22-year-old joined Celtic in July on a year-long loan, but has decided to move back to the Premiership, and the Hammers have now taken over the deal.

Aliadiere made only two appearances for the Glasgow side, both as a substitute against Artmedia Bratislava in the Champions League qualifying round.

"I am very disappointed this has not worked out the way I thought it would," the Frenchman said.

A Celtic spokesman said: "Unfortunately, things didn't work out in a football sense for Jeremie and he wanted to return to England."

Even after a long-term injury to Chris Sutton, Aliadiere found himself behind John Hartson, new signing Maciej Zurawski, and in-form youngsters Shaun Maloney and Craig Beattie.

He had been particularly looking forward to Champions League football with Celtic, but the Glasgow club fell to Artmedia in the first qualifying hurdle.

Well thats a bit odd, why did they take him?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaC wrote:
    Well thats a bit odd, why did they take him?

kdjac
    Strachan didn't know how good Beattie and Maloney were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I would also imagine with no CL (or any European football) at Celtic its of no use to Arsenal him being up there.

It would be easier for Wenger to keep tabs on how he is doing and who he is doing it against for West Ham. He will be far more settled as well there.

I would also imagine with no CL (or any European football) at Celtic its of no use to Arsenal him being up there.

It would be easier for Wenger to keep tabs on how he is doing and who he is doing it against for West Ham. He will be far more settled as well there.
    That has nothing to do with it though. Strachan just doesn't want him. I'd have liked to see him get a chance at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

eirebhoy wrote:
    That has nothing to do with it though. Strachan just doesn't want him. I'd have liked to see him get a chance at least.
    What I meant was, its probably better for Arsenal anyway to have him in the Premiership.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Good for me, I might just stroll down the road to Upton Park a few times this season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Zamora, Teddy, Harewood, Bellion and Alliadiere. That's some good options for West Ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Strachan played him for what, total of 30 minutes?

he was going to get no experience up in Glasgow :mad:. thankfully West Ham took him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i thought a player could only move once in a year? does this not apply to loan deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

sure remember Henri camara, that chaps like a pinball! last season was on loan at celtic and southamton anyway from wolves. gone off again this year, permanent tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I think this has a lot to do with how brutal Ali Ladders is. Simple as that really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Draupnir wrote:
    I think this has a lot to do with how brutal Ali Ladders is. Simple as that really.

John Hartson is top scorer in Scotland every 2nd year.

Shows how brutal some things are alright.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Call_me_al wrote:
    i thought a player could only move once in a year? does this not apply to loan deals?

There is no limitation on loan moves I think.
    As long as the player goes on loan during the transfer window.

Players go on loan to more then one club a season all the time. Especially the youth players from the bigger academys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think you bolded the wrong part.

The 1997/98 season proved to be his most successful as 24 goals made him the country's top scorer and also saw his first hat-trick coming against Huddersfield in the Coca Cola Cup. "

ziggy67 wrote:
    The 1997/98 season proved to be his most successful as 24 goals made him the country's top scorer and also saw his first hat-trick coming against Huddersfield in the Coca Cola Cup. "

From HERE :)
    :) And last season was Hartsons first time as SPL top scorer. He also joins a list of Larsson, Viduka, Negri, Cadete and Van Hooijdonk to score more than 19 goals in the SPL in the last decade. McCoist, Laudrup, Gazza, Albertz, Durie, Flo, Di Canio, Sutton, Prso... have all failed. :) Hartson joins the SPL elite. ;)

btw, kaids, Hartson is only 29 and Strachan said he has only improved since he had him at Coventry.

Advertisement