Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Book

Options
  • 24-08-2005 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend a textbook for LC Business as I want to take it up in 6th year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

To be honest, most of them are pretty bad-i used myteachers notes-but less stress... is probably the best cause it's more concise and compact than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I used one called Business a Dynamic World. It's decent enough but don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

GDM wrote:
    I used one called Business a Dynamic World. It's decent enough but don't quote me on that.

It's fairly padded with useless information but I haven't actually done the LC yet.

If you were going to get it I'd say getting a 'Less stress more success' book to accompany it would be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

tbh your better off getting the exact cirriculum off the department if you can. What they make the books out of. If u have that, your on a winner. Its given to teachers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The King

id recommend the business magazines that they sell in most schools,it's detailed but still concise.it focuses on the exam with less of the bull****.i got a b1 but only started using it at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Psychedelik

You can get all the syllabi here

http://www.education.ie/home/home.jsp?maincat=22823&pcategory=17233&ecategory=17313&language=EN&link=&page=1

It just gives a basic outline of what topics need to be known. Would I be alright just buying a Less Stress.. book and working from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I'd say you'd be ok with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

Try Business On-Line. We use it & it seems good. You can get a work book to go with it that has all the short questions you could ever need for the exam as well. (the exam short q's are taken from it!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

I wouldn't recommend less stress. Thought they were too concisel. Maybe it was just me. I didnt find any of there books that helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The King

stay away from less stress,it doesnt get u d marks.(eg)in my pre i wrote a trade union answer word for word from it and got 7 out of 20.i repeat business magazines,trust me buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Psychedelik

Business magazines?? Which ones are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Business wasn't my strongest subject but I went through all the questions I could find and answered them using my book (business online), a less stress business book and my notes from school. The best book by far that I found was "Rapid revision business" by Alan Ryan, its only a small book so I'd highly recommend getting it and using it with another one. well worth it-got me an A2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i'm taking up business for 6th year too and i got business online coz thats what all my friends recommended me and it looks pretty good...but i wont really now for another couple of months lol!

I think i'll get that rapid revision business that Shyster woz on about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Send me a PM and I can give you all my notes by email. Just got an A2 in this years LC.

Advertisement