Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW response to criticism from NWA Ireland star

• 24-08-2005 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭

Irish Whip Wrestling would like to issue the following press release in light of comments made by Adam Abz, a wrestler for the NWA Ireland promotion. On their official website, nwaireland.com, Abz had the following to say when asked about the state of Irish professional wrestling:
    I really only know of one or two other Irish promotions and quite frankly I think they are a shambles. These promotions rely too heavily on foreign talent because the talent is not there in their own roster to attract a decent following. They also have a tendency to blow their own trumpets a lot - they have no legitimate credentials and to be perfectly honest I think the only reason they wanna wrestle is so they can meet their childhood heroes. From what I have seen all they can offer is glorified backyard wrestling and the chance to see some over-rated independent wrestler from the States. That's not Irish wrestling. These guys are murdering everything that we are trying to achieve here in NWA. They do nothing for wrestling in Ireland. I shudder to think that somebody out there might stumble across these half-wits on T.V or radio shows and mistake them as the standard of Irish wrestling. That's my biggest fear. Their on-line antics are unprofessional and their products are extremely sub- standard. They should be embarrassed not proud. I'm embarrassed for them. My only comfort is knowing that NWA Ireland will still be going strong long after these guys are dead and buried. Maybe then some of them can come to NWA and actually learn how to wrestle.

A senior IwW official had the following to say after hearing about these remarks: "We realise that Adam Abz may not be the brightest spark, but somehow he has forgotten that Irish Whip Wrestling is Ireland's number one professional wrestling promotion and not only brings the very best talent from overseas, such as IwW International Champion D'Lo Brown, AJ Styles and Raven, but also trains Ireland's most talented homegrown talent, the likes of Red Vinny, Seamus O'Shaunessy, Vic Viper, Mad Man Manson etc.

"Irish Whip Wrestling would therefore like to invite Adam Abz to our next upcoming event, Gym War 5, to back up these strong words of his and prove that he is not the 'keyboard warrior' he is coming across as. To clarify, this is not an open challenge, but an invitation for Abz to step in an Irish Whip Wrestling ring for an interview with Eamon Darcy to repeat these words in front of loyal IwW fans and some of the IwW talent he looks to run down.

"To ensure that Mr. Abz has no excuse to miss this event, we remind him that it takes place this Sunday (28th August) at IwW's Frontier Gym, Baldoyle at 6pm."

With these recent developments in mind, there appears to be no doubt that this Gym War will be one of the most controversial in the event's short, but memorable history. Make sure you don't miss out.

For more information on Irish Whip Wrestling and Gym War 5, log onto www.irishwhipwrestling.com!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

IWW make me sick,

I agree with everything that Abz had to say. I hope the Mod's dont crash down on me here for having an opinion that is not in favour of IWW as it is in fact IWW who started this thread

This is quite obviously just a marketing ploy by IWW to try sell a few extra tickets. At the end of the day Abz doesnt need to go anywhere near Gym Wars because he knows that NWA is the premier "IRISH" wrestling organisation and they dont need over-hyped american's to help their cause

By the way I think you just proved his point about your on-line antics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Well, he is showing up at Gym Wars. NWA Ireland put out a press release about it - http://www.nwaireland.com/show_news.php?id=4f72d6cbab90728a00ee4873b3729240

I think it's pretty much all a work, but I'm happy to see both companies working together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

hopefully its all a work and they can use each other to elevate their status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Malorkus

Ric_Flair wrote:
    IWW make me sick,

I agree with everything that Abz had to say. I hope the Mod's dont crash down on me here for having an opinion that is not in favour of IWW as it is in fact IWW who started this thread

This is quite obviously just a marketing ploy by IWW to try sell a few extra tickets. At the end of the day Abz doesnt need to go anywhere near Gym Wars because he knows that NWA is the premier "IRISH" wrestling organisation and they dont need over-hyped american's to help their cause

Maybe if NWA did use "overhyped americans" on their shows, they might draw more than 40 people and actually give their own guys more exposure - NWA haven't progressed or expanded as a promotion since they opened. It's a simple concept that every promotion does at some stage to draw in casual fans, and thereby getting more exposure for their own stars. Most of the talent on IWW shows are still Irish.

And you're clearly too dumb to realise when you're being worked. What a mark...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Wow, IWW vs. NWA Ireland.

Eat your heart out, Monday Night Wars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Malorkus wrote:
    Maybe if NWA did use "overhyped americans" on their shows, they might draw more than 40 people and actually give their own guys more exposure - NWA haven't progressed or expanded as a promotion since they opened. It's a simple concept that every promotion does at some stage to draw in casual fans, and thereby getting more exposure for their own stars. Most of the talent on IWW shows are still Irish.

And you're clearly too dumb to realise when you're being worked. What a mark...

40 is an unfair number - I have been to see NWA shows before and there were definitely more then 40 people there, in fact from where I stood it looked like a packed house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Malorkus

NWA Ireland used to get approx 100-120 (1st Anniversary show was about 150+), but recently their houses have dropped to approx 40-60. I used to enjoy their shows, but it's just the same wrestlers with no storylines in the same small venues - it's boring now. No aspirations to better themselves and expand, it seems. I've yet to see one DVD or video release form them. How can they expect to expand their fanbase when peope can't see them outside of going to shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

that maybe true, havent been to a show recently, but how come several of their roster have been invited over to England and the US recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

If I want to see American Wrestlers wrestle at the highest level ill go see WWE when they perform here. If I want to see Irish Wrestling ill go to Bray and see NWA, IWW do not satisfy my needs either way

"And you're clearly too dumb to realise when you're being worked. What a mark..." funny that a guy who obviously generates a lot of his Wrestling knowledge from the internet can have the cheek to dub somebody a Mark, its not as if you you've seen the in's and out of the wrestling business aside from the odd book read or show witnessed

Eh... Hello Pot? Yeh its the Kettle here. Your Black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Now there's absolutely no need whatsoever to make this a race issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

If it is a work would it not have made more sense to offer an open challenge rather than an intervew. either way, it's a sham imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I think it would be cool to see an NWA invasion. I'll be there sunday anyway to see this all go down but i would i would have went anyway not just to see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

Well here we go gym wars is going to be HOT HOT HOT!!!!! tonight and not a show to miss.
    After the last bell rings tonight we will all know what goes down and I cant see it dissapoint. Weather it's a work or a shoot its still a huge story in Irish Wrestling history. Cheers to both companys for arranging whats going down tonight. No matter how we look at it the fans benifit this one.

p.s Try and get some pics of tonight

Advertisement