Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cartoon / Animation Favourites

Options
  • 24-08-2005 8:42pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've seen quite a few Anime Movies, a DAMN lot of 'childrens' cartoons, 'adult' cartoons and, to be honest, I wouldn't know where to start...

I must say I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children animation, yet it could be a while before we see this emerging on our screens. Im pretty sure it'll squat all over Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within.

Other CG animations that stick in mind are Dinosaur, Monsters Inc, Ice Age, Madagascar, A Bugs Life, Antz and one or two others that I cant remember...

Akira gets a mention for being one of the most reknowned Manga animations out there, whilst there were a collection of Anime series' out there, of which I forget the name, that I would simply love to see. Full Metal Alchemist would be one that had been mentioned and recommended to me quite a few times before.

For the 'old days' I have to say that Transformers was one of many that captured my young attention in the past.

There's so many rolling around in my mind I can't actually list them all, so how about you lot? What would you regard as memorable animations!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Full Metal Alchemist
    Berserk
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo

See them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Watching a bit of Clone Wars at the moment. Tis 'different', in a good way.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Just remembered...

Invader Zim and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, to be honest :D
    Doesn't have to be movies guys, even series animation can get a mention here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

The Nightmare Before Christmas ("it's not just for goths!") and Spirited Away are both wonderful in every way. Cowboy Bebop has already beeen mentioned, but it should be again, because seriously, you guys. Also: Samurai Jack.

I'm not a big fan of the movie as a whole, but I think Chicken Run is absolutely bloomin' gorgeous. And of course, I'm really looking forward to the Wallace & Gromit movie.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I might be getting mixed up, but how old is 'Spirited Away'?
    I think I may be mistaking it for one of the cartoons that was highly placed in the Channel 4 Top 100 Cartoons of all time, which I watched about two months ago...

Maybe that could be given a look if I can find a link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Excuse me, nothing on the earth comes close to Spongbebob Squarepants.

Everything else for me is mindless kids filler.

Until that theme song starts......

Spongebob is my hero!!

/on the cg side of things, ice age was fantastic

Yes RopeDrink, why don't you just use Google?
    Why RopeDrink, that's a fantasmic idea!
    What did you find, RopeDrink?
    I found the list of Nominations and Results for Channel 4's top 100 Greatest Cartoons, RopeDrink, check them out!

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/cartoons/1-25.html

Well on the topic of childrens cartoons, when I went up to Monaghan to visit my best mates family, whom of which had quite a lot of children staying that demanded cartoon viewing en mass, I was forced to watch a few episodes of Ed, Eddy and Eddie? (Is that the right name?)

Quite funny in an all out demented way, but I wager Spongebob Square Pants would 'out dement' it - The main them from that show always get's me grinning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

RopeDrink wrote:
    I might be getting mixed up, but how old is 'Spirited Away'?
    I think I may be mistaking it for one of the cartoons that was highly placed in the Channel 4 Top 100 Cartoons of all time, which I watched about two months ago...

Maybe that could be given a look if I can find a link.

Top cartoons of all time? One of the top films all time, bar none tbh!

Spirited Away - #41 of imdb.com's top 250.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Top cartoons of all time? One of the top films all time, bar none tbh!

Spirited Away - #41 of imdb.com's top 250.
    Pretty much anything Miyazaki puts his hands on is gold.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and Laputa - Castle in the Sky are two of my all time favourites.

• Advertisement
Advertisement