Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stingy sports centre

Options
  • 24-08-2005 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭

I was in the sports centre today to go to the gym. When I came out of the changing rooms I noticed the one water fountain (afaik) outside the barber's was gone :eek: and replaced with a "celtic mist" or something water dispenser. That would have been fine except that you have to pay 50cent for 750ml of water. :mad: Not that i don't have 50cent :rolleyes: but it's a f*cking sports centre with a gym you shouldn't have to pay for water!!!

Getting rid of the sports bar now charging for water, talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel

Anyone else been there and seen this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Not yet, but I'll be angry about it when I do =0)
    There's still one fountain left. If they take that one, then I'll get annoyed and bitch at people.
    I will ask them what their plans are for the other water fountain. If they say they're removing it, then there will be much gnashing of teeth....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's the way greedy society goes! :( I hadn't been to my bowling alley (well, pool tables there) in ages, and I went a while ago only to discover that it was bloody roasting, they musta left off the a/c, AND there was a new addition to the area -- a coke machine, with a nice illuminated picture on the front, of a frosty, refreshing can of cola! I managed to resist, however -- a nice "F.U." to the system! lol

That is my story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

that's now a whole 1litre for 50cent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I reckon get the health board on it.

cant be legal, surely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I could never get over the fact that the gym itself didn't have any water available up there - be it a fountain or whatever...

every other gym I ever used had one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

free water available beside the entry to the girl's changing room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Maybe the expensive water tastes less like pee though...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

^
    My, aren't we picky! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ummm... sometimes *blushes*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

All you have to do is exercise like mad, without any money on you. Then collapse (or pretend to) due to dehydration. The only thing that can beat the gready society is the compensation society.

• Advertisement
Advertisement