Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English - have 2 ask!!

Options
  • 24-08-2005 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Remember how much we all ****TED ourselves over the english exam!!!!
    Well I HAVE to ask - how exactly did you all do in english?

I got the honours A2 :D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Remember how much we all ****TED ourselves over the english exam!!!!
    Well I HAVE to ask - how exactly did you all do in english?

I got the honours A2 :D:D:D:D:D

Ha! Fool. I did better. Except...

...I did my leaving last year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

Aaahh bollix you!!
    You got the A1??

I was aiming for a D1 so I actualy CRIED myself stupid when I seen the A2!!

Ive a serious question for you now matey!
    I only got 290 overall, but im MAD to do Arts in galway at 380!
    Ive been told that if I do a plc course in letterkenny - if I do well it should give me an overall mark of 400 (totaly ignoring my leaving cert results!)

Is this true? and could I get into my course this way ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I got an A2 also :) And 410 overall. I was quite surprised; I was never outstanding at English, although I did enjoy it. I beat the teacher's favourite, too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

I beat the teachers pet too!!!
    hahaha

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

B2...i know it doesn't sound great...but for somone who literally did nothing in eng for five years and leaned the poets the night before, i don't think it's too bad...plus i beat one of the teachers favourites who handed up essays nearly everyday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

I got an A2..which was totally unexpected but BRILLIANT cos my teacher actually HATED me...she sometimes referred to me as "the D student"
    i.e. "blahbalhblahblah-oh and THAT D STUDENT over in the corner can't afford to be smiling!!"

who's smiling now...???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I was aiming for a D1 so I actualy CRIED myself stupid when I seen the A2!!

lol....really sorry i just couldnt resist! Only got a C1, needed a B1...very disappointed gonna have a recheck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

^
    lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

glad u lol'd!!
    I was looking at it for ages and was wonderin should i bother, is it mean to point out others mistakes then thought ah fúck it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

B1, but i'm sure it was C1 paper 1 and A1 paper 2. Anyway i'll soon see on Sept 2nd or 3rd. I'm viewing a few scripts, i genuienly (sp? :D ) want to view one because i think i deserved more. But i figure why not view a few other exams? Would love to see what my essay got and give it a read again myself.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's exactly wht I'm viewing mine too...to see how the hell I got what I did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

B3, my worst subject by far, and the only one I really will be needing in the future! well done to all those A people, it's not easy in english!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

A2 thankies very muchly. Quite proud of that one actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jaggy Snake

Was going for an A2 and got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

A1, really really didn't expect to get one. I'm viewing my script too out of pure curiosity because I've no idea how that happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

i managed a A1 also, which was a surprise. i always thought it was a toss up really. coming out of the exam i said i could get an A1, but just as easily a D1, if you get me. its always hard to tell. but well done everyone anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

B1. such relief, I got a C in my JC and was expecting the worst!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

b1, v happy since all i got was a c3 in my pre. im crap at english, banked on 3 poets and never once learnt qoutes from hamlet!!kinda amazed. got 450 overall

b1, v happy since all i got was a c3 in my pre. im crap at english, banked on 3 poets and never once learnt qoutes from hamlet!!kinda amazed. got 450 overall

I banked on ONE poet, and made my Comparative up (key moments etc) on the day. I was pure lucky...same happened in Irish.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

A1, I was delighted because though I got an A2 in my mocks I wasn't banking on getting it up to an A1 - I considered it would be pretty difficult - so that was an extra ten points I wasn't expecting. Yay! I'm viewing that script along with the ones I actually want to recheck, just cos I want to read my essay and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Well done to everybody. A lot of A's in here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Red Soup

Yeah, well done everyone. i got a B3. real disappointed because i liked the course, did the work, and have always got As in English (up until the mocks). Ah well...

i got a b1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

A1. w00t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

An A2, and I was a whole four marks off the A1, so I'm getting it rechecked - just in case.

supersheep wrote:
    An A2, and I was a whole four marks off the A1, so I'm getting it rechecked - just in case.
    Well why not - if you're only four marks off you're very unlikely to go down, and it's always nice to get the extra ten points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

Fishie wrote:
    Well why not - if you're only four marks off you're very unlikely to go down, and it's always nice to get the extra ten points!
    True, especially seeing as that'd give me my first choice course...

Well that's definitely a good reason then, I hope you're successful! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

I was a C-student in English, got a D1 in the mocks. :eek:

Paper 1 (my "weak" paper that my teacher told me I "really had to work at") I only lost 3 marks and got full marks on the essay!! Which was just... wow. Scary. My essay was about FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)/female circumcision so I was slightly worried about it... And apparently if I hadn't run out of time on the poetry question on Paper 2 I could have gotten an A1.

I was amazed. I don't think my family even believed me when I told them first. English was supposed to be one of my "bad" subjects. Freaky...

*wanders off, is still in state of shock*

Well done to everyone else by the way, and I hope you all have fun in college!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

A2 for me. Was a great paper though. Especially the paper 2.

Advertisement