Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nicest building in ucd

Options
  • 24-08-2005 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

as far as the faculties go i gotta say the quinn school of business. its gotta be the most relaxed open bright and just generally cool building on the ucd campus. but the arts block....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

The feckin Vet College!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Vet, Conway or commerce.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The toilets in the restaurant. Ah memories...

What's the Vet college? :confused:

Up beside CS, behind science.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Up beside CS, behind science.

And what happens there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

it's a petting zoo

i'd also have to go with either the quinn school or conway

And note that both of those buildings have the Perk Muffins'O'Yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Get out to richview! Nicest part of the whole campus, though you'd expect the architecture faculty to demand higher standards.

But that would require effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

When I say nicest, I really mean the-only-nice area of the campus. That people conisder Quinn / Conway / Vet as being nice only shows how awful Science / Ag / Arts / everywhere else is. They're just newer!

The Health Sciences place is nice enough, have a wander in there, lots of interesting spaces and a big balcony type area to eat lunch out on. They're also doing something freaky at the back of it, hopefully it will be some big glass and wood open area.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd go for the boiler house myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

The CS building is pretty cool.

Personally, I hate the Quinn. It's too sponsored and it kind of cheapens the whole place. The Margaret Heffernan Theatre... ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

whats the boile rhouse called again - the ucd centre for energy or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

rob1891 wrote:
    When I say nicest, I really mean the-only-nice area of the campus. That people conisder Quinn / Conway / Vet as being nice only shows how awful Science / Ag / Arts / everywhere else is. They're just newer!
    QUOTE]

Vet College is cool. Have a wander around the square... pet the horses on the yard, doze off in the mcgeady theatre, grab a beef sandwich in the vet diner and sneak your coffee into the comfy vet library with the soft seats - if you be so bold! Oh ya and its also a lovely lookin lump of architecture too ahh what a place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

beanyb wrote:
    The CS building is pretty cool.

Personally, I hate the Quinn. It's too sponsored and it kind of cheapens the whole place. The Margaret Heffernan Theatre... ugh.

the cs building is ok. could do with being twice/three times the size, then again it is one side of some mystical planned quadrangle..

the Quinn school, looks cool enough. only been in it once.

i would have to go with the swans house in the lake. such good realestate, and i bet they don't pay rent either. and they get fed for free, aha to be a swan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Belfield FM's portacabin. :D

All the buildings are architectural monstrosities tbh, not a looker among 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Richview.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

A nice building in UCD Belfield is an oxymoron.

However, if I must choose, the lake gets my nomination.

The lake is even nicer when all the ducks and swans are present as they tend to be more interesting than a lot of the lecturers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

The Big Blue Portacabin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I like the egg. I know it's not a building, but if it was, that's what I'd pick.

Besides, Dutch Lodge is the best place on campus to do anything... including get your feet wet and your knees mucky. Oops... I think I've said too much! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭anna20

quinn school, without a doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

Eng block of course. You can sit up on the top floor and stare out at all the other people. And emm break the window while you're at it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Sarn

NOVA/Merville House.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's got to be Quinn, and I don't even do commerce. I mean they have a flatscreen tv showing sky news as soon as you walk in the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

The number 3 bus shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Is the richview (architecture) building far away from the main entrance, lake etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yup. Opposite side of the campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭GusherING

The Observatory is the nicest. Pity its all fenced off now, but it has a charm to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Bollocks. How far of a walk from the Stillorgan dualler entrance?

How the ****will I get there from Killiney!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

In Belfield

1. The Industy Centre
    2. Eng (the unfinished Death Star of UCD)

In UCD as a whole, I´d say Carysfort (the old part).

Advertisement