Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant stop the signal

Options
  • 24-08-2005 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

since i live a few feet from the cinema im the first one back.

let me also be the first to say

SERENITY KICKS FúCKING ASS!!!!!!!!!!

nobody, i mean nobody spoil this film for anyone, NO SPOILERS in the forum at all, even behind tags. until the film is on general release id ask sutty do do a major clamp on any spoiling.

there is so much i liked about the film im actually on a total buzz right now.

heres a couple of pics
    DSC00338.jpg
    DSC00341.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Damn! I thought I'd be back first! Anyway.....

So yeah, the film rawked! I can't believe they let you take pictures though. Nice job. I'm most amazed that we got Jewel and Sean! I thought nobody would come! That's so cool. Thanks to UIP for setting that little doozy up. :D

God, Jewel is so hot. Even in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Hey, I was standing almost right beside you when you took that pic, I think!

That movie rocks! And Sean and Jewel looked gorgeous. But no surprise there. I got my Kaylee comic signed by both of them. But was in too much of a daze to say much.

It's definitely a movie you don't want to be spoiled for. I agree with the clampdown on spoilers thing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I liked it :)

Plus Whedon's intro was funny - hope it makes it to the DVD cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Wasn't it cool when it.... and they..... and that whole thing with the....... Seriously, great show... and how cool were Jewel Staite, Sean Maher and Chris Buchannan, answering those questions and generally being very funny and genuine. (I was the nerd who asked about the first crew shot... No spoiler).... Can't stop the signal? Hell, spread the signal!!! ..... DTW... did ye know they'd be there? Oh yeah, and that intro by Joss? Cool to see that. Prob on the DVD but to see it there. ..... (Smug :) ) Haha

I got to ask the first question ("When's the next film!?")! Hahaha! You can never take that away from me!

• Advertisement

'cos it looked like NOONE was gonna start didn't it. It was like.......... HOLY ****....whaddawedonow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yep awkward indeed

man that film rocked

kayley is soo hot (but i kind of prefer her with a bit more meat on her ala firefly)

being the nerd i am, i asked hayley about her appearance in SG Atlantis

she said her wraith character is really cool, & im guessing hot :D

God yeah! I was worried that nobody would say anything and they'd be all like, "That Dublin gig sucked ass." Which would have been a little embarrassing.

damn it when is it out on general release? i wanna watch it again

madrab wrote:
    being the nerd i am, i asked hayley about her appearance in SG Atlantis
    Yeah but I said I was looking forward to it before you asked her the question, so I beat your nerdy antics and win :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Really enjoyed it. A good mix of humour, action, drama and scares. Lived up to the series, which is sometimes hard in the jump to the big screen.

Anyone else looking forward to the gag reel on the DVD?? :D

Thanks to Universal, UIP and UGC/Cineworld for screening it, and Jewel and Sean were great fun, so glad it was them! Let me be the first to say, Sean/Simon is HOT in the flesh :p

ixoy wrote:
    Yeah but I said I was looking forward to it before you asked her the question, so I beat your nerdy antics and win :p

yeah well.....well....i...ehh..i posted it first, so there!

*places nerd crown on head and skips merrilly around the room*

Oh hell yeah.I mean, the DVD's gotta be cool seeing as Whedon (And, by the sounds of it, the rest of 'em too) seems to be dedicated to his fans. Gag reel on Firefly's great..... Funny what Jewel Staite said about Adam Baldwin: nicking anything that wasn't nailed down....... Jayne's head from Jaynestown. Hahahaha (Love his version of "The Hero Of Canton" on the DVD)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It was great, I was hoping someone from the cast would be there, and someone that plays a main character, but two? Sweet. Loved it. I'm glad I brought the DVD booklet, only thing I have that isn't too dark to be signed.

Two thumbs up for the film itself, it was great, very funny, great action, great performances all round by all the cast, on top form.

I felt the urge to ask Sean to take his shirt off, but that might have been a little creepy.. :o He has a great smile. And he smiled at me! And.. every other person there. :p

Daelus wrote:
    I felt the urge to ask Sean to take his shirt off, but that might have been a little creepy.. :o He has a great smile. And he smiled at me! And.. every other person there. :p

not me :(

Was anyone there not on Boards or with someone from Boards ? :D

And he smiled at me! And.. every other person there.

*melt* :o

yep i recognized a good few faces from the know your nerds section

Daelus wrote:
    I felt the urge to ask Sean to take his shirt off, but that might have been a little creepy.. :o
    Hey you should have! I'd not have objected nor would T. Camen and others!!

• Advertisement

Hey you should have! I'd not have objected nor would T. Camen and others!!

Well I would've if I was miles back in the queue when it happened -- stampede and all that :D

There were two empty seats near me in the cinema, so either:

1) Some insane person decided not to come

OR

2) That it was meant for the actors but they chose not to sit in. I heard that at other preview screenings, like in Manchester, the actors sat with the audience....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ixoy were you beside me and sutty?

anyhow, i was the one who asked the random odd questions, such as the how good was he one, and whats it like having a little sister character who can beat you up - even if Sean didnt seem to cop what i meant on the second...

amazing film :) never been so exhausted after a movie though :)

My legs were trembling. When everyone got up to clap for Jewel and Sean coming in, I almost fell over! :o That movie was emotionally exhausting. And so utterly brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Emotionally exhausting? Try jarring. Rollercoaster all the way through. Fantastic film, surpassed all my expectations. Plus the single best Guest appearance that there ever could be (Jewel).

Chris Buchanan, the producer was incredibly nice and had a good chat with a few of us after the film.

Oh and they searched my bag going in for recording equipment. I had to laugh at the 'heavies' they had.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I hate you all. There was absolutely no way to get my hands on London tickets and so I begrudge you your luck. :mad:

Can anyone tell me what actors they had at the other screenings?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I got to ask the first question ("When's the next film!?")! Hahaha! You can never take that away from me!

I asked "Who .... " in response to your question also "Did you want to come to Ireland or did you draw straws". (Which I am sure a few fans want to lynch me after they said they would stop questions :D)

Seriously I have never seen a crowd in shock before. Jewel says "Any questions?" and everyone is gobsmacked. I think everyone was still a bit in shock over the movie (no spoiler but you know what I mean *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*).

When they were signing the guy in front handed over a comic I said "Make it out to Ebay", the guy laughed but Jewel said something like "Don't put this on ebay" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭SteM

I've only ever seen one episode of the show but myself and missus went along last night. What - a - movie. Dear lord, it was just brilliant. 6 weeks is just to long to have to wait to see it again. No way did it play like a 2 hour film, the time just flew by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

Absolutely fantastic night. Can't ever remember being so happy after a film and Jewel Sean and Chris were just so nice.
    Can anyone tell me what actors they had at the other screenings?

Gina and Adam were in Manchester.
    Nathan and Morena were in Birmingham.
    Joss and Summer in London.

Nathan and Morena were only other ones to do a signing though. And then it seems it only started because Nathan did a few while waiting for Morena to get out of the bathroom Then she joined in when she got out.

We were damned lucky people.

Advertisement