Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant stop the signal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

First off that was a FANTASTIC movie. So many laughs, so many OH NO's!!! and thhe such.

Second, I see spoilers about this movie untill the release and people get a beating with the Chain of command ;)

I am so recked right now. I went out to the woolshead with a few. Then went to the Mezz to meet some mates. Then went back to theirs and introduced them to Firefly (seeing as I was bouncing around the place they wanted to see why) Five Eps later and it was 7am and time for bed. Then up at 9am for work :(

Stunning, stunning movie!
    I was sooo excited when they said who was there, I was like WTF! WOOOHOOO.

I too as the rest of the croud where stunned by who was there.

I got to ask Sean "So how many takes did you get to do with Nathan" and that part (no spoilers lol)

They where really nice and both signed my DVD book... I was happy :D

PS... and there was me and crash thinking that sitting in the front row would suck :D
    Sadly all my pictures of Jewel and Sean came out crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

my picture came out much worse than it looks there, i did a bit of tweaking with picasa, and even then that was the only useable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Send me on all the pics please Jaggeh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭NineMoons

I was the person who laughed a silly laugh at Sean Maher's inadvertent 'Universal' pun. Erk.
    And yes, I think we were all still gobsmacked from THAT SCENE. I keep rerunning it in my head. Can't stop.

Sean Maher is so much cuter in real life. Strange.

NineMoons wrote:
    I was the person who laughed a silly laugh at Sean Maher's inadvertent 'Universal' pun. Erk.
    And yes, I think we were all still gobsmacked from THAT SCENE. I keep rerunning it in my head. Can't stop.

Sean Maher is so much cuter in real life. Strange.

ahaha.. I remember that one single laugh and Sean Copping what he had said lol

classic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, that was great. I didn't know what was goin' on for like 5 seconds and then I finally got the whole inadvertant plugging thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

My memory of Sean smiling at me is already fading! Don't fade, dammit, DON'T FADE! :o

It took me a while to register that I was actually watching 'Serenity'. After a year and a half of waiting.. I just hope there's a sequel. This can't be the end! :D And I thought the comics were good, but they're nothing compared to the movie!

Wow, I must go see it again. I hope there's another advance screening. Soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

they did mention in the Q&A shooting 2&3 back to back :p

In Ireland no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Heh, thats what Sean would *like* to happen. :p

Chris made no comment on that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Daelus wrote:
    My memory of Sean smiling at me is already fading! Don't fade, dammit, DON'T FADE! :o

Actually I think hes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

This is interesting news to me..

God, I wish I could have said something witty and interesting to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Daelus wrote:
    This is interesting news to me..

God, I wish I could have said something witty and interesting to him.
    I asked him what with the name, did he have any Irish connections: (Obvious, I know, but hey) apparently, family's from Dingle but hus last relative here died some year ago. Said the last time he was in Ireland was down to her

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

Have to say I was very impressed at the film too, as one of the lads said, it was much better than he thought it could have been.

I totally wasnt expecting any of the actors to show up at the end (heard about the showing from friends who didnt bother mentioning it to me assuming I already knew) and neither were of the people who came in with me, which was a nice suprise, particularly Jewel being there ("Dear Diary ... Jackpot"). although it was a bit worrying when we walked in first - had a bomb gone off in there, Irelands nerd and geek population would have suffered catastrophic casualties ... :)

Even the guys who'd never seen an episode of Serenity were impressed with the film overall, theres a lot of humour in it which is good, and the fans of Serenity are going to love it. The bit by Joss Whedon at the start was funny too (gotta love that French accent).

I was hoping for another series to come out of this, but that doesnt look too likely after the events of the film - hopefully it will be picked up as a franchise.

And if nothing else, I got a nice picture of myself and Jewel Staite, so all is well :)

Lordy wrote:
    And if nothing else, I got a nice picture of myself and Jewel Staite, so all is well :)

Post it up there and anyone else that got ones. I tried but I dont think they came out very well due to being two far back for my poor old camera.

As for picking up a new series, sadly they cant due to Fox still owning the rights to the TV show. (But not a movie, comic book and so on)

The thing that really gets to me. Is that everyone that goes to the cinema and is a first timer to Firefly/Serentiy verse, likes the movie and then goes out and buys the Firefly series DVD. Will be in fact handing money over to Fox, for doing nothing but canning the show in its infent stages...althought it would be nice if fox came back to joss and the crew on their hands and knees begging them to start up from where they left off... But I douth that will ever happen as fox wouldn't know a good thing if it hit them in the face.

sutty wrote:
    Post it up there and anyone else that got ones. I tried but I dont think they came out very well due to being two far back for my poor old camera.

As for picking up a new series, sadly they cant due to Fox still owning the rights to the TV show. (But not a movie, comic book and so on)

Well - it wouldnt have been with Fox. Whedon said in an interview that he would never work with Fox again. I was hoping Sci-fi or another one of the US stations might pick it up, as I'd heard reports that thats what Whedon was hoping for too, but apparently not. :(

I seriously hope someone in Fox got shafted after the ballsup they made out of Firefly - showing the episodes out of order, changing the times, missing episodes, not showing the pilot first etc - I dont think any tv show could have survived that.

Right, vanity photo :)

CIMG3497-2.JPG

Lordy wrote:

CIMG3497-2.JPG

She's so pretty

:( wish I had thought of asking for a photo :(

That's a nice pic. She actually looks like Kaylee in that - I was kind of thrown by her being slim and wearing heels and make-up instead of cute, curvy little Kaylee with her messy hair and dirty face. Was also very thrown by Sean being so cute and sparkly-eyed. I have no pics at all. But my memories will keep me warm when I am old and grey...

NineMoons wrote:
    That's a nice pic. She actually looks like Kaylee in that - I was kind of thrown by her being slim and wearing heels and make-up instead of cute, curvy little Kaylee with her messy hair and dirty face. .

All down to the water-padded bra apparently ;)

Heh, which reminds me, II wonder what Adam Baldwin did with the plaster head he took from Jaynestown. (although I probably would have taken it too :) )

I say he uses it as a hood ornament.:D

• Advertisement

Maybe he sings to it. Or uses it to scare away intruders. Or as part of an intricately-designed fountain.

I know what I would do, I would have it in the hall of my house, just as you come in the front door. I'd say it would freak the bujasus out of people :D

Advertisement