Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucas neill...scumbag

• 24-08-2005 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Jesus, what a ****ing knacker.....gets sent off and then grabs a spurs player by the balls and squeezes..... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I wonder will Mark Hughes still argue this season that they get unfair criticism. 3 games, 2 red cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

and some other punter headbutted Andy Reid, which the ref missed :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

this doesn't surprise me at all. it is blackburn we are talking about here after all.... bunch of scumbags the lot of them...

I cant stand watching footballers stoop to these scum 'tactics'..

The club got a 10 grand fine for their discipline last season.. big deal.. suspensions, and lengthy ones at that, is were it hurts clubs.... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

RuggieBear wrote:
    and some other punter headbutted Andy Reid, which the ref missed :eek:

After Reid had kicked the guy (Andy Todd I believe) first.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

I'd have to say Blackburn definately have players that are up their with the Totti's and Dacourt's of this world. Players that just have to be hated for their complete involvment in all things bad on a football pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

As a Blackburn Rovers fan, I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with the scumbagginess of the Rovers, and it sickens me to see it.

It's this type of bad discipline that puts Rovers in a bad position season after season, and Mark Hughes needs to sort it out once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Two red cards in three games is unacceptable alright, and with Savage, Neill, Dickov and Bellamy in your team its always going to be like that.

Hughes wants the team to be tough but thinks are going overboard now. He definitely needs to sort out Neill. We can barely play him against Liverpool anymore for fear he'll be sent off.

As a Rovers supporter though, I must stress that we have players like Gamst Pedersen, Nelsen, Jansen and Friedel who are good, honest footballers and who's reputation is dragged down by the scumbag element of the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Wasn't Neill also the fella who did Carragher last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

They are turning into Wimbeldon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

lucas neil is a scumbag, remember the liverpool game 2 years ago??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Is that the sound of a bandwagon i hear?

C'mon. The red card was fully deserved, but what about Alan Smiths 'lunge' taclkles last night. Just as bad.

It blackburns second red card of the season, but the first was a joke, and universally accepted as a referring mistake.

And as for Todds retailitaion, that exactly wwhat it was. He retaliated. And to be perfectly clear i watched the replay, and its in no way clear if he headbutted him, or just 'touched heads'. There was contact but how much?
    And who has critised Reid for kcking ... oh i forgot he's not playing for blackburn, so gets judged by different standards.

Getting back to the match, blackburns thugs played Spurs off the pitch, displayed more skill etc etc.

So to sum up, blackburn have stopped being an easily team to beat, under Sparky, but have proably gone too far on the combative side at times.

However two seasons ago, the same was said about Arsenal and Wenger , and before that it was Joe Royles 'dogs of war' and so on. Its nothing new.

And whats this 'robbie savage is a thug' reputation?
    He does wind up the opposition, but i dont think he's ever been sent off in his career, and certainly hasnt the worst record in the premiership by a long way.

Also a few seasons ago when blackburn had Duff and Dunn in their team, they were hacked down in every match. Where was the moral indignation then? I consider it turnaround.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It blackburns second red card of the season, but the first was a joke, and universally accepted as a referring mistake.
    I didn't think so. Dickov was high, late and it was out of pure frustration.

He does wind up the opposition, but i dont think he's ever been sent off in his career
    He was sent off against Northern Ireland when playing for Wales. I can't remember if he was sent off playing for Leicester or Brum though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I didn't think so. Dickov was high, late and it was out of pure frustration.

Straight red? How many premiership matches would finish 11 v 11 with straight reds for late challenges? It was a strikers challange. It deserved a booking, thats what yellows are for. But you cant say it deserved a red card unless you accept there should be a dozen sendings off every saturay for similar challanges.

He was sent off against Northern Ireland when playing for Wales. I can't remember if he was sent off playing for Leicester or Brum though.

Ok, 1 sending off, and that not in his club career. Now thats the track record of a real scumbag isnt it!

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Yeah no has never been sent off in a club game apparently ( I find that suprising to be honest!
    			Apps	As sub	Goals	Yellow	Red

Total (Club)  		403  	(18)  	31  	78  	0
    League  		345  	(14)  	28  	70  	0
    FA Cup  		26  	(1)  	1  	6  	0
    League Cup  		23  	(2)  	1  	2  	0
    European/Others  	9  	(1)  	1  	0  	0

Wales  			39  	(4)  	2  	15  	1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Universally?

Last week's Sunday Times:
    worse was to come when Konchesky, attempting to clear from within his own half, was pole-axed by Dickov's horrific two-footed lunge. It was the substitute's sole contribution of the afternoon
    And as for Todds retailitaion, that exactly wwhat it was. He retaliated. And to be perfectly clear i watched the replay, and its in no way clear if he headbutted him, or just 'touched heads'. There was contact but how much?

Sequence of events:

Todd shoulders Reid off the ball to obstruct his passage.
    Reid throws a leg at Todd (stupid thing to do)
    Todd "retaliates" by shouldering Reid off the ball again
    Both players square up and Todd clearly butts Reid. Degrees of contact don't matter.
    Getting back to the match, blackburns thugs played Spurs off the pitch, displayed more skill etc etc.

And a very good claim for a peno aside, you never looked like turning that into a goal. Of course, none of that changes the fact that the Blackburn side is littered with toe rags.
    He does wind up the opposition, but i dont think he's ever been sent off in his career, and certainly hasnt the worst record in the premiership by a long way.

Savage stays on the pitch because he always looks like the injured party. Thats part of his box of tricks. He's still a pikey.

He added: “Dickov’s challenge was two-footed and deserved a red but he didn’t touch the guy and the player rolled round like he had a broken leg.”

Who said that?

Ryan Nelsen, Blackburn defender.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005380625,00.html

Sequence of events:

Both players square up and Todd clearly butts Reid. Degrees of contact don't matter.

tbh, that's how i saw it too...

wonder how long neill will get for the bag snatching (in rugby now, it's up to a year ban for that offence)

Yeah no has never been sent off in a club game apparently ( I find that suprising to be honest!

And IIRC the sending off against Northern Ireland was an absolute joke. How he has never got a red-card in a club game is beyond me, the guy is the worst excuse for a footballer ever.

Blackburn lack discipline but I think things are being slightly exaggerated here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I just saw the tackle there and its not all that different from Jermaine Jenas's tackle against Arsenal IMO.

Except Neill's tackle was two-footed, got none of the ball and his leading foot was above the ball.

Jenas got the ball and brought the Arsenal man down with his trailing leg.

One deserved a red. Guess which one?

• Advertisement

Except Neill's tackle was two-footed, got none of the ball and his leading foot was above the ball.

Jenas got the ball and brought the Arsenal man down with his trailing leg.

One deserved a red. Guess which one?
    Id have to see Neill's again but from first look it appeared similar. I dont think it was two footed, it was his trailing leg that brought the man down. It wasn't directly from behind more at an angle similar to Jenas's.

Neill came in from further and hence went in with more power so it looked worse.

I think overall Neill's was worse, but they were not dis-similar.

Id have to see Neill's again but from first look it appeared similar. I dont think it was two footed, it was his trailing leg that brought the man down. It wasn't directly from behind more at an angle similar to Jenas's.

Neill came in from further and hence went in with more power so it looked worse.

I think overall Neill's was worse, but they were not dis-similar.

I've looked at it about ten times. Pay close attention to his leading leg as it passes over the ball, and Neill catches Davids leg between his own two. A real potential leg breaker IMO.

Hughes has come out and said his side have a discipline problem, just heard it on 5Live.

Pay close attention to his leading leg as it passes over the ball
    I agree, it was higher than Jenas's tackle.
    and Neill catches Davids leg between his own two. A real potential leg breaker IMO.
    Thats exactly what Jenas did.

Originally posted by therecklessone
    And a very good claim for a peno aside, you never looked like turning that into a goal. Of course, none of that changes the fact that the Blackburn side is littered with toe rags.

I dunno what's got up your nose but Blackburn were all over Tottenham last night, and deserved to win the game. Read any report of the match and it says the same.

Truth is that Neill's foul was dirty but, as a Rovers supporter, I'm not willing to overlook the fact that we played a team with Champions League qualification aspirations off the pitch last night.

And, even if we have to put up with red cards like Neill's last night, and dirty players like him, I'd much prefer Hughes' Blackburn to the side Sounness had that were losing 4-0 to teams like Boro last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

bunch of thugs.

and still never even looked like threatening the spurs goal.

Lemlin wrote:
    I dunno what's got up your nose but Blackburn were all over Tottenham last night, and deserved to win the game. Read any report of the match and it says the same.

Nothing up my nose sunshine. Two words for ya.

Shefki Kuqi.

When he can put away one of the hatful of chances you had last night, then you might have a team capable of more than kicking and headbutting.

If you bother to read last night's thread re. the games you'll find I admitted Blackburn had the better of last night's match. F*ck it, I'll go against my better judgement and make it easy for you:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3253612&postcount=74

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wasn't it Andy Todd who had a rather unique way of 'congratulating' Van Persie for his brace in the FA Cup semi last season?

Thats exactly what Jenas did.

I said this at the time, if you want to remove all risk of injury from the game then do away with tackling full stop. Platini would be happy.

The difference between Jenas and Neill was intent. Jenas went for the ball, and caught the Gilberto. A bad tackle, but no worse than a yellow (which I said when I saw it, and thankfully the ref agreed with me, albeit after the game on seeing the video) Look at the Neill tackle again, there was no intent to win the ball at all.

• Advertisement

Nothing up my nose sunshine. Two words for ya.

Shefki Kuqi.

When he can put away one of the hatful of chances you had last night, then you might have a team capable of more than kicking and headbutting.

If you bother to read last night's thread re. the games you'll find I admitted Blackburn had the better of last night's match. F*ck it, I'll go against my better judgement and make it easy for you:

And I have six words for you: Craig Bellamy, Paul Dickov, Matt Jansen. Maybe when one or two of those is back from injury and/or suspension Kuqi will have some support.

I don't know if you're a Tottenham supporter or what but can you imagine if Tottenham were stuck with Mido up front on his own?

Kuqi is a good striker. He scored 19 goals last year in the Championship, the same as his strike partner Darren Bent, and setup alot more.

He's had three games in the Premiership and at Blackburn. Give him a chance to settle. Its taken plenty of players more than a season.

Lemlin wrote:
    And I have six words for you: Craig Bellamy, Paul Dickov, Matt Jansen. Maybe when one or two of those is back from injury and/or suspension Kuqi will have some support.

Two will miss chunks of the season through suspension, and the third sees more of the treatment table than Darren Anderton.

Lemlin wrote:
    I don't know if you're a Tottenham supporter or what but can you imagine if Tottenham were stuck with Mido up front on his own?

I am a Spurs fan. And we've been in exactly the same position enough times for me to be honest enough to admit when we've not been able to put away chances in games we've controlled. Unlike yourself...
    Lemlin wrote:
    Kuqi is a good striker. He scored 19 goals last year in the Championship, the same as his strike partner Darren Bent, and setup alot more.

He's had three games in the Premiership and at Blackburn. Give him a chance to settle. Its taken plenty of players more than a season.

Kuqi is this years John Stead.

I'll take it you read the post I linked to in my last post? Nice of you to acknowledge my admission that Blackburn deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Blackburn had 26 fouls in one game last weekend, I've been saying for ages that Lucas Neill is a dirty bastard, and I think most would agree with me. Just because it is a fact that Blackburn are the dirtiest team in the league, that doesn't mean to say that anyone doesn't think Alan Smith isn't a dirty **** too, because he clearly is.

Two will miss chunks of the season through suspension

That remains to be seen. Dickov has missed two games and will miss a third, hardly a huge chunk of the season.

I am a Spurs fan. And we've been in exactly the same position enough times for me to be honest enough to admit when we've not been able to put away chances in games we've controlled. Unlike yourself...

Where did I not admit they couldn't finish the chances? I suggested that you shouldn't blame Kuqi for the team not scoring, which you shouldn't.

I'll take it you read the post I linked to in my last post? Nice of you to acknowledge my admission that Blackburn deserved the win.

Yes, you admit that Blackburn deserved to win but I was originally sticking up for Blackburn regarding your post that the team never troubled Tottenham's goal.

Fact is, I think things are going over the top here. Yes, Neill's was a dity foul but he will receive his ban, be repremanded by the club with a fine and have to sit in the stands for a few weeks like he deserves.

I'm willing to admit Blakcburn are a dirty and overly physical team but, like I said above, I'd sooner have Blackburn drawing 0-0 with teams like Tottenham than losing 4-0 to teams like Boro, which was the stage we were at this time last year.

I said this at the time, if you want to remove all risk of injury from the game then do away with tackling full stop. Platini would be happy.
    I didnt say that, I just pointed out that Jenas's was a potential leg-breaker, just as Neill's was.
    The difference between Jenas and Neill was intent. Jenas went for the ball, and caught the Gilberto. A bad tackle, but no worse than a yellow (which I said when I saw it, and thankfully the ref agreed with me, albeit after the game on seeing the video) Look at the Neill tackle again, there was no intent to win the ball at all.
    Ill have to see the Neill tackle again, as I said I only saw it once. But Ive a feeling that Neill's reputation is preceeding him.

Lemlin wrote:

Yes, you admit that Blackburn deserved to win but I was originally sticking up for Blackburn regarding your post that the team never troubled Tottenham's goal.

And I originally never said that.
    And a very good claim for a peno aside, you never looked like turning that into a goal.

Which I take it you agree with?
    Lemlin wrote:
    Where did I not admit they couldn't finish the chances?
    and still never even looked like threatening the spurs goal.

Now how about you take your point up with WWM?

• Advertisement

But Ive a feeling that Neill's reputation is preceeding him.

Perhaps with others, not with me. It wasn't until this post from Pigman this morning that I remembered he was the one who did Carragher.

Perhaps with others, not with me. It wasn't until this post from Pigman this morning that I remembered he was the one who did Carragher.
    Unfortunately Neill's "conquests" stretch far further a field than Jamie Carragher.

And a very good claim for a peno aside, you never looked like turning that into a goal.

Is that not the same as saying Blackburn never troubled Tottenham's goal? Looks exactly the same to me but then you say:

And I originally never said that.

But you did, as the post above showed. Saying Blackburn never looked like turning their possession into a goal is exactly the same as saying they never troubled Tottenham's goal.

And no, I don't agree with your analysis of the match, Blackburn were often only one touch short of scoring.

Can I ask you though if you have a problem with Blackburn? On another thread you rubbished the team saying they have a crap defence and repeatedly call them scumbags.

You seem very worried about how they perform. I'd be more worried that, despite all the money Tottenham have spent and players like Routledge they have poached, the best player on the pitch Wednesday night was wearing blue and white, Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Maybe you should be worried that a team you labelled as average totally outclassed Tottenham, billed as a team with Champions' League qualification aspirations, and should have beaten them.

but do you agree,lemlin, that lucas neill is a dirty player...?

Lemlin wrote:

Can I ask you though if you have a problem with Blackburn? On another thread you rubbished the team saying they have a crap defence and repeatedly call them scumbags.

You seem very worried about how they perform. I'd be more worried that, despite all the money Tottenham have spent and players like Routledge they have poached, the best player on the pitch Wednesday night was wearing blue and white, Morten Gamst Pedersen.

/yawn

No I don't have a problem with Blackburn. I call it like I see it. And I see a team of scumbags with mid-table written all over it. Here's what else I saw on Wednesday night:

Blackburn were the better team, and deserved to win. The match stats back that up.
    Blackburn had a very good claim for a penalty turned down when Edman pulled down Kuqi (I think it was Stead mk2)
    Lucas Neill and Andy Todd displayed the usual "aggression" that Sparky Hughes is so proud of (no shrinking violet in his own footballing days)
    For all your possession, and despite a hatful of chances, you never managed to score. So yeah, I suppose you would be right to say I think you never threatened our goal. You saying different?

And worried about performances? Give me a break. Teams have off days. Look at Chelsea on the opening day. I suppose Chelsea fans should be trembling because Wigan played them off the park, right? We rested three of our best players and you still couldn't beat us.
    Lemlin wrote:
    I'm not willing to overlook the fact that we played a team with Champions League qualification aspirations off the pitch last night.

If the best you can hope for is a draw after playing a CL hopeful off the park then my earlier assessment that Blackburn will be mid-table this season will be proved right.

Now back in your box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Everyone jumping the gun! didnt see the challange but according to the FA it cant be that bad!!!!

oh yeah from my point of view O'Neill is no dirtier player than alot of players in PL, nothing was said about all those challanges from Gerrard when he nearly took the leg and knee's off players when he went over the ball.....also about Baros's challange last season in the Everton game???????

Quick thought as well.....dont see why someone doesn't get banned from here for calling players "scumbags!" when people have got banned for less!!

now that is my 2 cent so I will leave and get ready for Wed game tonite!

Blackburn defender Lucas Neill will serve only a one-match ban following his sending-off against Tottenham on Wednesday.

Neill, who had already been booked, was red-carded for a scything 75th-minute challenge on Spurs substitute Edgar Davids.

Referee Dermot Gallagher has made clear in his match report to the Football Association that Neill's dismissal came as a result of a second yellow card rather than a straight red.

That means Neill will have his punishment downgraded from the mandatory three-game ban to just missing the trip to Aston Villa on Saturday.

With Rovers already counting the cost of their indiscipline this season, it is good news for manager Mark Hughes, who faced the prospect of a period without a conventional right-back to cover for the absent Neill.

Originally posted by RuggieBear
    but do you agree,lemlin, that lucas neill is a dirty player...?

[/QUOTE}

In all my posts above, I've agreed that Neill is overly physical, like alot of the Blackburn team.

No I don't have a problem with Blackburn. I call it like I see it. And I see a team of scumbags with mid-table written all over it. Here's what else I saw on Wednesday night:

Blackburn were the better team, and deserved to win. The match stats back that up.
    Blackburn had a very good claim for a penalty turned down when Edman pulled down Kuqi (I think it was Stead mk2)
    Lucas Neill and Andy Todd displayed the usual "aggression" that Sparky Hughes is so proud of (no shrinking violet in his own footballing days)
    For all your possession, and despite a hatful of chances, you never managed to score. So yeah, I suppose you would be right to say I think you never threatened our goal. You saying different?

And worried about performances? Give me a break. Teams have off days. Look at Chelsea on the opening day. I suppose Chelsea fans should be trembling because Wigan played them off the park, right? We rested three of our best players and you still couldn't beat us.

If the best you can hope for is a draw after playing a CL hopeful off the park then my earlier assessment that Blackburn will be mid-table this season will be proved right.

Now back in your box.

Chelsea beat West Brom and took three points though, Tottenham walked home with one. That's the difference between being champions and being Champions League also-rans. For a team that's spent as much as Tottenham, drawing with an average team like Blackburn isn't good enough, whether you have an off day or not. Great teams can play badly and win, like Chelsea.

Even resting three of your best players, Tottenham have a vastly more impressive array of talent than Blackburn. But, I'll tell you what, let Spurs go and spend a few million on Andy Reid, Michael Carrick and Pedro Mendes, a few more on Sean Davis and Michael Brown, poach Wayne Routledge and Aaron Lennon from lesser teams, and we'll go and spend 2.5 million on a player that can play them all off the park.

Blackburn are in the middle of rebuilding. Hughes inherited a shambles of a team from Souness and he's doing his best of making them competitive. If that means a few yellow and red cards, rather than shelling out millions we don't have, then I'm willing to put up with it as a supporter of the team. And while you're on about displaying the usual aggression, how about you remember that Todd was reacting to a kick from Andy Reid. You seem to have conveniently forgotten that.

A middle table finish would actually be good. The past two seasons we've fought against relegation so it would be an improvement. I still believe that Blackburn can finish in the top ten, but I'd be happy with anything over 15th.

Now get back in your box.

Lemlin wrote:
    . And while you're on about displaying the usual aggression, how about you remember that Todd was reacting to a kick from Andy Reid. You seem to have conveniently forgotten that.

From a previous post:
    Sequence of events:

Both players square up and Todd clearly butts Reid.

How many times does Todd have to react?

How many times does Todd have to react?

He reacted once: by headbutting Reid. In the same way, Reid reacted once: by kicking Todd. Therefore, Todd has done no worse than Reid. The rest, the pushing and shoving, was handbags stuff. Its a man's game after all, and tempers often rise.

Fact is Reid should have gotten a red card for kicking Todd and Todd should have got a red card for retaliating. Neither got a card so it cancels itself out I think.

And would you prefer it if Todd took a primamadonna-style approach and dived on the ground after Reid had kicked him rolling round and screaming to get Reid sent off?

Lemlin wrote:
    He reacted once: by headbutting Reid. In the same way, Reid reacted once: by kicking Todd.

Right on the second count, wrong on the first. Todd reacted by shouldering Reid for the 2nd time, off the ball (and a good 30yds from where the action was taking place)
    Lemlin wrote:
    And would you prefer it if Todd took a primamadonna-style approach and dived on the ground after Reid had kicked him rolling round and screaming to get Reid sent off?

The soft southern sh*te...

Where you watching the same game I was? Reid got butted, put his hands to his face then dropped on the ground and remained stationary. No rolling (and I'll assume no screaming, its hard to hear over the baying hordes screaming "get into 'em")

Blackburn can't have it both ways. Mark Hughes said after the game that he wanted people's perception of his club to change. If he does, then he might start by instructing his players to play the ball and not the player. The Todd/Reid incident would never have happened if Todd hadn't body checked Reid off the ball. Its indicative of the approach to the game adopted by the Blackburn players. If they want to play the game that way, fine. Just don't complain when people call you on it.

I have MOTD from Wednesday night on a video here. PM me your address and I'll post it on. You can send a flat cap and some whippets in return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Article

Looks like the FA are out to make an example of Rovers. Todd is being charged for headbutt of Reid, based on video evidence.

No mention of Reid kicking Todd.

Mark Hughes will have a hard time getting over the "agressive style" tag now.
    even if it's not wholly warrented.

and still no mention of the bag snaching.... :(

The soft southern sh*te...

Where you watching the same game I was? Reid got butted, put his hands to his face then dropped on the ground and remained stationary. No rolling (and I'll assume no screaming, its hard to hear over the baying hordes screaming "get into 'em")

Blackburn can't have it both ways. Mark Hughes said after the game that he wanted people's perception of his club to change. If he does, then he might start by instructing his players to play the ball and not the player. The Todd/Reid incident would never have happened if Todd hadn't body checked Reid off the ball. Its indicative of the approach to the game adopted by the Blackburn players. If they want to play the game that way, fine. Just don't complain when people call you on it.

I have MOTD from Wednesday night on a video here. PM me your address and I'll post it on. You can send a flat cap and some whippets in return.

"The baying hordes".... Blackburn is a small town and the team only attract a crowd of about 20,000 for most home games. And I doubt you could hear them on your TV, not if it was the same coverage I saw.

So where exactly are you getting this idea of baying hordes? I think that totally illustrates your over the top view of the whole situation. Ewood Park is a soccer pitch and, much as you might want to think it, not the Collosseum in Rome.

Have I not just admitted that Blackburn are a dirty team. I've said it over the thread continually. Fact is, as I've said to you time and time again, if Rovers' need to have a physical edge to compete then so be it. Hughes is rebuilding the team and has to adopt whatever approach it takes.

He is doing his best to sort out the team's disciplinary problems and has said that a different approach will be taken this season. Blackburn played great football against Fulham last week, they also played well against Tottenham, apart from these few problems. Yes, we're three games into the season and there's been two red cards, but how about you wait for the next 35 games and give them a chance to change their ways rather than jump on your high horse.

What I won't have is you referring to the team as scumbags. Maybe you should have a bit more respect for 11 players that played a Tottenham team, which probably cost four or five times more than them, off the pitch.

As for Reid rolling round, Andy Reid is not exactly what you'd call a small chap and if I kicked someone, I'd fully expect them to turn round and headbutt me or worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

I've wholly enjoyed this thread, like watching 2 bald men fighting over a comb :D

Lemlin wrote:
    "The baying hordes".... Blackburn is a small town and the team only attract a crowd of about 20,000 for most home games. And I doubt you could hear them on your TV, not if it was the same coverage I saw.

"A call of get in to 'em has come from the Blackburn contingent"

My words? No, the words of the BBC commentator on MOTD Wednesday night, just before the ball was played into the box for Edman's foul on Brett Emerton. Get your hearing checked.

Like I said, I have the video if you want a lend.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Fact is, as I've said to you time and time again, if Rovers' need to have a physical edge to compete then so be it. Hughes is rebuilding the team and has to adopt whatever approach it takes.

He is doing his best to sort out the team's disciplinary problems and has said that a different approach will be taken this season.

So whatever approach it takes, or a different approach? Cos from most of your other posts it seems you think end justifies the means, and if results mean on-field thuggery then so be it. Just saying like.
    Lemlin wrote:
    What I won't have is you referring to the team as scumbags. Maybe you should have a bit more respect for 11 players that played a Tottenham team, which probably cost four or five times more than them, off the pitch.

[pedant]Comparing starting 11s, the Spurs team cost less than twice the price of the Blackburn team[/pedant]

I'll refrain from using the word scumbag to refer to them, as another poster has pointed out there's been bannings for less. Instead I'll say this:

Robbie Savage - thug
    Paul Dickov - thug
    Craig Bellamy - thug
    Andy Todd - thug
    Lucas Neill - thug

Its my opinion, if you don't like it put me on your ignore list, or don't read my posts. Easy enough.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Andy Reid is not exactly what you'd call a small chap and if I kicked someone, I'd fully expect them to turn round and headbutt me or worse.

Andy Todd is not a small chap, and if he wants to dish it out on the pitch he should elarn to take it. If he wants to body check players off the ball he should expect a response. See, I can do that as well...

Now I'm tired of providing entertainment for Keano_sli, so I'm calling it a day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement