Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fenlon in dock as Byrne waits

• 25-08-2005 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Fenlon in dock as Byrne waits
    ADVERTISEMENT
    Click here!

SHELBOURNE manager Pat Fenlon has been hit with the biggest fine ever imposed within the Eircom League.

The Eircom League Disciplinary Commission have fined Fenlon €1,000 and banned him for four matches following his dismissal from the technical area during Shelbourne's controversial clash with Drogheda United on August 8. He has also been severely warned as to his future conduct.

In a clear 'get tough' policy, the League also imposed a fine of €400 on Bohemians player-manager Gareth Farrelly and for incidents at the Derry City game at the Brandywell on August 2.

Fenlon's ban will commence on September 7 and he will be suspended from the dressing room and technical area for games against Shamrock Rovers, Waterford United, Derry City and St Pat's.

Shelbourne were also handed down fines totalling €1,000 as a result of incidents that evening at Tolka Park.

They were fined €500 for allowing fans encroach on the pitch after the game and €500 for an incident in which a roll of masking tape struck fourth official Dave McKeon on the head as he entered the match officials' room.

Shels midfielder Stuart Byrne, who was shown a red card after the game by referee John Feighery, was banned for a further two games and fined €50.

The investigation into an after-match incident involving Shels chief executive Oliver Byrne has been deferred until September 6 when all witnesses will be invited to give evidence to the Disciplinary Commission.
    http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=94&si=1456381&issue_id=12908
    Gerry McDermott

Fúck, thats a big fine for Nutsy. God knows what Ollie is going to get. I totally disagree with it though. We were robbed of Champions League football that night. The ref had one of his worst games ever.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

it was blown outta proportion, but ollie is a nitcase and nutsy is, well, nuts

the drogs fans were just as bad though, i dont see drogheda gettin fined anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

The fines are severe, but fair at the same time to be honest. Can't condone what happened. Well, Stuey's is surprisingly low to be honest! :eek:

We've just gotta get on with it, and go out to win every game now. But with Collins running the show I think I'll cry! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

Collins should be dismissed. He is bringing Shelbourne down from the inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Thats his evil plan of dooming doom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Fenlon must be into double figures now for matches missed due to touchline bans? Honestly the guy is a disgrace and what's worse (for Shels supporters anyway) is that his indicipline and petulant attitude seems to be seeping into his players. I don't think I've seen a Shels game this season where someone wasn't booked or sent off for a petty kick or a bit of needless aggro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

I hope this is the end of the Ollie and Nutsy rountine. Its probably the reason why we didnt get financial backing after the run in Europe last season.

Nutsy shouldnt allow players to act the way they do, petulance, sulking etc. They could restore order by imposing a few fines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

About time too. Shelbourne, and Oily Byrne in particular, have got away with the kinda behaviour for years now and it's time they were finally taken to task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The juicy inquiries are on hold; the Oily ones. What's the bets they stay "on hold". Pending my ass...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I can't argue with Nutsy's ban but a 1,000 euro fine is ridiculous when Stuey gets fined 50 for doing literally the same thing. Stuey got what he deserved.

The 500 euro fine for allowing fans run onto the pitch is absolutely disgraceful. The fans ran onto the pitch in joy of goal being scored. Fans run onto the pitch after every game so there was nothing new there. Could someone tell why Rovers constantly get away with their fans running onto the pitch on numerous occasions with intent to cause trouble and have never been fined? Different strokes for different folks it seems.

I never knew anything about a roll of masking tape being thrown at the ref but if it happened the fine is deserved but who was responsible for the incident? Seems to me to be a lack of evidence on that one. I f someone could fill me in on that one it would be appreciated.

Ollie was defending himself from that photographer. I saw the photographer literally ramming his camera in Ollie's face after he had been ordered not to. I missed the apparent assault (some of you will say conveniently) but the photographer exaggerated it completely. If their is justice Ollie will be safe.

Also why aren't Drogheda in the book for their outrageous allegations of Jason Byrne obscenely gesturing to Drogheda fans when clearly he never did? They made a fool of themselves on that one and only wanted to cause further confrontation between the clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

When will Ollie call it a day? He's an embarrasment to the club, and I don't know anyone who thinks otherwise.

The fines are pretty surprising, but I suppose its the Eircom League throwing the book at this type of incident in order to cut down on it happening in future.

PS - I'm sure Pat Dolan has been sent off as many times, if not more than Nutsy, but nobody sees him as being a disgrace. Sometimes the occasion/pressure/officials just combine and make people do things they later regret.

The sooner this season ends and we can start afresh at Shels the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

tough sh1te.

Im sorry but there ya go.

Pigman II wrote:
    Fenlon must be into double figures now for matches missed due to touchline bans? Honestly the guy is a disgrace and what's worse (for Shels supporters anyway) is that his indicipline and petulant attitude seems to be seeping into his players. I don't think I've seen a Shels game this season where someone wasn't booked or sent off for a petty kick or a bit of needless aggro.

How dare you.

The league needs a strong Shels team.

Pat Fenlon won us the Cup.

Have some respect. :)

Fans run onto the pitch after every game so there was nothing new there.

Not so. For the past year and a half in Dalymount, the stewards at Bohs have an orange roadworks-style mesh which they hold up at the usual times of the game, and none of the little scrotes can get onto the pitch. You may know that Shels fans have been begging their own club to introduce such a simple prevention method, for some reason your club pays no attention. Although I think they have recently started using it.

Advertisement