Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting NTL BB

• 25-08-2005 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

I recently found out that I'm able to get NTL BB. I've only been asking NTL about it for a year! Anyway, my current setup is that I have EsatBT BB. I'm going to have to cancel that contract. I'm also going to get rid of landline so no more line rental :D An NTL salesperson rang last night and I had a quick talk with her. She said I could've had it installed next Thur if I wanted!! I explained to her that I had to cancel phone line and EsatBT BB first so she's ringing me back in 2 weeks. Just a few Q's for you guys. Is there a problem with NTL BB in D.15 area? I saw it mentioned on a thread but no details. Has anyone ever had to cancel their DSL BB and their phone line? If so, how long does it take and how do I go about it? Also, when the NTL engineer comes out, do you think he would install a few extra points in the house if I offered him a few quid? How much should I offer him. Will be looking for 2 extra points upstairs. He'll be installing a point upstairs anyway. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

hey buddy, you are onto a winner with ntl in my opinion. i had esat bb 2mb BB for a year but i switched to ntl bb 3mb package and i am well pleased. average speed down is about 2780 kbps, up speed is about 300mbps with a ping of about 15-20 ms.

i don't think he will install extra points for you for a few quid to be honest i wouldn't ask but if you do try, tell us how you get on! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Do you mean tv or internet points? They normally offer extra TV points, I don't think they want a few quid for it either! :D To add extra internet points he would have ot give more modems and I would imagine they would get caught very easily.

NTL BB is great. I know there were issues in D.15 but I believe these are sorted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

paulm17781 wrote:
    Do you mean tv or internet points? They normally offer extra TV points, I don't think they want a few quid for it either! :D To add extra internet points he would have ot give more modems and I would imagine they would get caught very easily.

NTL BB is great. I know there were issues in D.15 but I believe these are sorted now.
    I meant TV points but I thought they are one and the same, as in you just need to hook up a cable modem to get BB. I would like 2 extra TV points upstairs but will NTL charge me for them or if I offer him say, €50, do ya reckon he'd do a little nixer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

aaf wrote:
    I meant TV points but I thought they are one and the same, as in you just need to hook up a cable modem to get BB. I would like 2 extra TV points upstairs but will NTL charge me for them or if I offer him say, €50, do ya reckon he'd do a little nixer?

I think they're free now, ring NTL and check. If you do have to pay for them ask him to do them on the side perhaps. You don't want to offer him €50 for something he'll do for free! :D

Advertisement