Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Favourite bit of the movie

• 25-08-2005 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

So what was your favourite part?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

So what was your favourite part?

Sorry Almarsáre, I dont want any spoilers about the movie till everyone has the chance to see it when it comes out. I dont want to rune it for anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

thanks captain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

yeah just thought of that after I posted it.

My apologies

Thanks for understanding :)

Still though, I dont mind peoples views on way the plot was told. How it was acted out. How it converted from the small screen to the large and so on. Not nothing about parts of the movie or details on the plot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think you need another private forum for people who saw the movie.

• Advertisement

It would be an idea, but I douth they would do it... also how would I know whos seen it? People would have to pm me for access :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

urge to discuss rising...need to talk about movie...arghh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

Why not let people who've seen the movie talk about it in the thread only? Change the thead title to make sure people know there are movie spoliers inside and to not to read it unless they've seen the movie. People are (mostly) adults here and can make up their own minds whether they want to read major spoilerage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Ordinarily thats true. But it's the whole point that they just don't know exactly WHAT they're spoiling. The reaction to *that* scene would not nearly have been the same had you known, would it?

True. Also, for me anyways, spoiler tags are very hard to resist :(

(I'm weak)

But I did see the movie so I am ok.

Thinking about an IRC channel for people who have seen it.. anyone be up for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

Kevok wrote:
    Ordinarily thats true. But it's the whole point that they just don't know exactly WHAT they're spoiling. The reaction to *that* scene would not nearly have been the same had you known, would it?

No, you're right that my reaction wouldn't be the same but then I suppose I avoid spoilers (major or general plotlines) for anything I'm really interested in to seeing. Each to his own I suppose, IRC might be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭NineMoons

No, THAT scene is not one I want anyone to know about. So I won't spoil anything for anyone. Which basically means I can only talk to Fence (my fellow Serenity-viewer) for the next ages because all I want to do is talk about it. I even doodled it over my exam paper this morning...

NON-SPOILER version: It's great. Everyone is themselves only more so, there's a really interesting plot, there are incredibly funny bit and really horrific bits and sad bits and exciting bits and it all works as a whole. Everyone looks great and Serenity herself is as beautiful as ever. And I can't say anything else.

I met Sean and Jewel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Oh an IRC chat would be very shiny!

For anyone who desperately wants to talk about the movie there is a forum over at Can't Stop The Signal called I've seen Serenity. Its password protected with the name of a character from the movie so its quite safe to have a spoiler filled discussion there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

NineMoons wrote:
    No, THAT scene is not one I want anyone to know about. So I won't spoil anything for anyone. Which basically means I can only talk to Fence (my fellow Serenity-viewer) for the next ages because all I want to do is talk about it. I even doodled it over my exam paper this morning...

Well my other half is a big fan who couldn't make it to the screening I was at tonight and now I have to live with him for the next six weeks with a great big secret. It's too hard, he may have to move out.

As for the movie, I really, really wish that it had been able to stay a series. There was about 30 episodes of story arc in the movie. I think it would have taken us up to the end of series 2 if Fox weren't ba***rds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, I think Joss said that the storyline for the film was originally planned to be the storyline for the second season but since they were cancelled...

I'm glad it became a BDM. So many series deserve films but never get them so in a way we're lucky. Of course, I'm also sad it was cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Yeah, I think Joss said that the storyline for the film was originally planned to be the storyline for the second season but since they were cancelled...

Yup, I heard it was two years worth of tv story turned into 2 hours of film. I saw the film, loved it, but you know, I think I would've prefered two more years of Firefly. And then spin-off films :) There is just so much I know we didn't get to see.

Fence wrote:
    And then spin-off films :)

Or another 3 series'? I don't think the film really tied anything up. I think it is just up to the part where the story really kicks off. I think there was a kind of "fall of the night" feel to it. A "you think it's been good so far? --- ha, just wait til next year!" feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What I liked/didn't like about the movie.
    I think it is a shame that River looses an arm but having it replaced with a cyborg arm seemed to throw the whole cowboy storyline on its ear.

Also finding out that preacher was on the board of directors that helped torture river was unexpected, but having Mal being related to Anara was just scary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

lol

• Advertisement

ROFL... classic

On an other note, seeing as the BDM is released in a few weeks. Who wants to go see it on the first saturday and then head out for drinkies?

My bf hasn't seen it yet. I showed him Hobbs post and he nearly had a heart attack until he read the last line and saw me giggling. :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

Not sure if anyone has spotted this, but there is an advanced screening next Tuesday 20-Sept, at 20.30 up in the Vue cinema in Belfast.
    You can still buy tickets online at www.myvue.com - go to list all movies and you'll find a link to advanced screening of Serenity... About a fiver each.

Yep, we all know about it, sadly alot of us cant make it up. I would gladly go see it again. But it looks like I will have to wait till it comes out in the cinema :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Just to let you guys know.. the latest issue of SFX magazine reviewed 'Serenity' and gave it five stars (out of five)! Wahoo! Although, they are self-confessed Whedon-fanboys. :p

Looks like the positive reviews are far outweighing the negative, so far.

Hot Dog gave it five and Empire gave it four. Both have nice features on it.

Advertisement