Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Insurance

Options
  • 25-08-2005 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

All, Just about to take out life insurance and serious illness cover. I know the policies/cover etc. that I want. What I want to know is has anyone a information on the various companies when it comes to paying out, customer service etc etc in particular Canada Life & Eagle Star

Thanks

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ck1

From my experience both companies are top class. Canada Life are what I would consider old school and may take a little longer in turnaround but only marginally. They like to dot their i's and cross their t's. Eagle Star are very quick. My experience is not on the consumer end but both companies are very customer friendly.

In relation to claims, fortunately I have only had a very small number of claims and only one of them with Canada Life, they were exceptional, very considerate to the spouse of the deceased. At the end of the day, they cannt really dispute if you are dead. Critical Illness on the other hand, you must be diagnosed with one of the specific illnesses and these are clearly defined in the booklet. Not exactly bedtime reading but well worth getting familar with.

Advertisement