Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poser

Options
  • 25-08-2005 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I used to do a small amount of animation with Bryce5, and I'm hoping to get another copy soon for my new computer. If I remember correctly, the guy I got it from said there was a program called 'Poser' which was used to make human figures and put them in Bryce. Anyone know where I can buy/order/download Poser?

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Im sure it must have a website, if it exists.
    Will give it a google...
    Trying to compile a list of handy Graphics prpgrams that's worth looking into.
    If you come across anything, post it up!

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Interesting...

PoserWorld (Pimping of peoples Poser Models):
    http://www.poserworld.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

Poser Tutorials:
    http://www.cocs.com/poser/

Seems to allow the purchase of Bryce5.5:
    http://bryce.daz3d.com/55index.php?refid=363237204

I lifted this from another site, as an example of what the Poser program can do.
    Message2382317.jpg

And after seeing the capabilities of Bryce5, these two programs in unison can be one hellishly effective tool for some outstanding landscaping / world designing, and then to be able to fill them with your own weird and wonderful generated characters via Poser... Unf!

It seems that people have already used this idea to create various 'themed' worlds and possibly charge people money in order to view them 'from the inside'.
    http://www.damapro.com/mw/MWmain2.jpg as an example.

Looks to be a most interesting enterprise :)

Thanks for bringing this up, Undergod.
    Are the programs hard to use!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Bryce 5 is very user friendly. It's based on using simple forms (cubes, 4sided pyramids, spheres, toruses, cylinder) and combining them (with boolean) for shapes. That means making anything detailed is quite long-winded. It's got a mountain and tree generator as well, just to make nature scenes easier in that respect. The texture packages that come with it are quite broad, and it's easy to change them and import new ones, or convert bitmaps and jpegs to textures. The animation is a little tricky, but easy enough once you get used. I'm not familiar with any other animation programs, so I can't compare, but I've been told it's more accessible than a lot of others, and it's used professionally.

It has been a while so I'm sure there's things I've left out, but that's the gist.

Sounds delicious, although I wouldn't buy it the basis that my current powers of creativity are solely tied up with a wide variety of '2D' projects at the moments, from sprite and game making being the primary focus, but I used to use Terragen a lot, as well as WorldCraft and GTK2 Radient for map designs for Half-Life and Quake, but that world creator looks mighty fetching!

If you do buy them and start working on new projects, post up some pictures, would be nice to see the program going in full flow :)

Also, if you know any similar programs, or even some interesting sites regarding the use of these programs, throw them up also.
    Thanks undergod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

No problem. I've got some stuff from my last computer, but I'm missing the actual program, so I'll post em up and show you soon as can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

RopeDrink wrote:
    I lifted this from another site, as an example of what the Poser program can do.
    Message2382317.jpg

Dont mean to sound all technical and all RopeDrink but that is made in Zbrush most likely version 2, just to clarify. Poser is a bit of a niche program but is very easy to use for beginners.

ZBrush site excellent program btw

Example movie 15mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

And here was me , bother to try and make them from scratch.
    *me runs off to download
    Just out of interest though , what formatt do those programmes use?

i believe poser can export .obj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Good Good, me sees exporting people from poser and landscapes from terragen and bringing together in Blender.
    Where exactly is the link to download/buy poser?

http://www.3dartspace.com/

More excellent ZBrush2 images

• Advertisement
Advertisement