Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Transfer from a UK account

Options
  • 25-08-2005 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question: I'm presently waiting on a credit transfer from a UK (sterling) account to a BoI account in the Republic - how long would take, in working days? Also it occurred to me that I might be better off with getting a stg cheque - would this be the case?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Quick question: I'm presently waiting on a credit transfer from a UK (sterling) account to a BoI account in the Republic - how long would take, in working days? Also it occurred to me that I might be better off with getting a stg cheque - would this be the case?

2 to 3 working days. funds are cleared as soon as they hit your account

sterling cheque takes 2 or 3 days to reach you in the post but your bank may not let you draw against it straightaway.

the sterling cheque is better for the other person as they only have to pay for a stamp.

Advertisement