Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finland and Finnish PLUS Swedish Learning

• 25-08-2005 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Hello/Hej/Moi :p

I want to Learn Finnish and Swedish and I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere I can do lessons and also if anyone has tips or websites that teach it? I have to learn finnish first and swedish would come then but basically does anyone know anything I should :)

Tack
    Kiitos :D
    Thanks

Ry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

All I can say is best of luck there. They're not that easy to learn! Finish especially. I learnt Swedish (some) in Sandford institute. http://www.sandfordlanguages.ie/
    That does finnish also. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Cool I'll give that a look in. I'm lucky in that I'm actually quite good at picking up new languages because I enjoy them so much so I know itll be difficult but I think I'll do it :)

Anyone else got any more they'd be much appreciated.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

i studied finnish in there for a little while. not too bad a course - only had maybe 8 or so students max. teacher was finnish and a little crazy. that was a few years back - over 3. since then ive moved to finland and spent a while studying the language daily - now im in college and work and both are through finnish and i still have no idea whats going on :)

anyhoo- sanford - good but expensive (i think it was 250€ ish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you can afford it, there is a lot of scandinavian tv on Thor 1West. You would need a subscription card from someone in the legal catchment area. God forbid you would check for pirate cards.

I used to watch in the the days of D2Mac and you learn a surprising amount reading the subtitles. With no formal study I could understand the difference between the subtitles and what was actually said. ( and no they weren't prono movies :p ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

drrnwbb wrote:
    i studied finnish in there for a little while. not too bad a course - only had maybe 8 or so students max. teacher was finnish and a little crazy. that was a few years back - over 3. since then ive moved to finland and spent a while studying the language daily - now im in college and work and both are through finnish and i still have no idea whats going on :)

anyhoo- sanford - good but expensive (i think it was 250€ ish)

I have to talk to you then cuz I'm actually thinking of moving to Finland! And I haven't the first clue how to since I'll need finnish to get a job ye know :/ I'll PM you and we can continue it there I spose. Crazy Finnish teacher? Not that surprising now is it :p I am really thinking about doing that sandford course now actually.

Ry

• Advertisement
Advertisement