Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza Car Radio

Options
  • 25-08-2005 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Quick question.... I had to replace the car battery last week. The car radio needed a 4 digit code which I got from a Seat dealer. However nothing is happening when I insert the code, just "1000" is appearing on the screen. Is there anyway to reset the radio so I can try the code again?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Either disconnect the battery again or else disconnect the radio from it. If you don't have the proper tool to remove the radio from the dash it could be a bit tricky. In mine there was a small hole in each corner, I had to push a small jewellers screwdriver down each one to release the clips holding it in and then use them to pull it out. The trick was to do it slowly, pulling each side alternatly a mm or 2 at a time, untill it's out enough to grab with your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Or cut two coat hangers and push them in both sides and wiggle it out,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

bbability wrote:
    Quick question.... I had to replace the car battery last week. The car radio needed a 4 digit code which I got from a Seat dealer. However nothing is happening when I insert the code, just "1000" is appearing on the screen. Is there anyway to reset the radio so I can try the code again?

What model radio is it?

You use the 1 2 3 4 preset buttons to move each respective digit of the code to it's appropriate number then press the SCAN button. Now the manual says press the TP button but for me its the SCAN button.

You dont need to dissconnect the head unit at all.

All of the above being on a Seat Ibiza (2002 -> ) Alana (Grundig) head unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Yep that's the problem, the manual says press the PTY button, I'll try pressing the scan button and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

bbability wrote:
    Yep that's the problem, the manual says press the PTY button, I'll try pressing the scan button and see what happens

Yeah the manual is a incorrect, it's defo the SCAN button you need the press after you enter the code. Just one press will do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement