Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

importing DS games

• 25-08-2005 1:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What's the best place for US imports, and most importantly (I didn't mean that) will games like Nintendogs, which I am planning on importing, still talk to EU games (bark mode etc.)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I buy all my imports from http://www.play-asia.com (I've bought about 10 games off them altogether, no problems...)

All DS games are region-free, so I *assume* they can talk to each other. However, the Jap game of Nintendogs is different to the US version (different dogs), so I don't know if bark mode will work between them. As far as I know, the EU version is the same as the US version. Try looking at the FAQs or Message Boards on Gamefaqs.com for more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Does that mean you'll have to put on an american accent when talking to your dogs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

*nods slowly*

Yes, monkeyfudge, thats right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

LMAO @ monkeyfudge and TMB

I use lik-sang and cdwow. Both are pretty good. Lik-sang are really fast if they have the item in a EU warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

TmB wrote:
    *nods slowly*

Yes, monkeyfudge, thats right.
    It's a good thing I work at a radio station then... I'll have to get a few pointers from some of the crappier DJs with mid-atlantic accents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Fenian

www.lik-sang.com, a great site for import games and consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

The US metroid hunters demo won't talk to the EU metroid hunters demo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Syth wrote:
    The US metroid hunters demo won't talk to the EU metroid hunters demo.

yeah, well that's where my worry was coming from, but I think that's mainly due to different versions, the EU one was updated and is slightly different from the US one.

Advertisement