Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you hate in a woman.....

• 25-08-2005 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Keeping the thing I love/hate thing going, here are a few things I fcuking hate it a woman. I am adding a poll so you can add the fact that you hate fake tan or too much make up because that is a given

1) Whiney Voice or a strong knacker accent

2) Facial hair

3) If they are fat and wearing belly tops

4) When you can almost eat the air around her because the smell of make up/perfume is so strong

5) If she wears the same perfume as my mother/sister

6) If she wears a constant "someone just shát in my handbag" look

7) If she is aggressive to the point that she will try to pick an argument with anyone just to be centre of attention.

8) If she hangs onto you all night, go make friends!!!!!

9) If she constantly asks you for things i.e. Im really tired, will you pick me up from work, bring me to the shops then bring me home and cook dinner? (Note - I will never let a woman know I can cook, ever again)

10) When she asks things like have I got fat, or where do you see us in a year.

11) Why is that when a woman gets bored she asks stupid things like "If my dad/brother got angry with you and went to hit you would you hit him back?"
    or
    "If I got horribly burned in a car accident would you still find me attractive/love me?"
    There are lots more but I want to leave some for everyone else

the obvious ones 39 votes

Too much make up
    0% 0 votes
    Fake Tan
    53% 21 votes
    Both of the above and read my list below!
    46% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

u need a hug joe :p

anyway i hate the crappy compliment seekers...oh this top isn't that nice on me...

just ****in ask what i thing if its crap lookin i'll tell u like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

i hate when women ask questions they dont want the true answer too.
    i hate how almost every woman or girl ive known thought that her problems were unique and she was different from everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ALKA

holy **** joe u aint picky are you!

i cant stand possiveness or jealousy..its areally nasty quality...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Too much make-up, fake blonde hair and orange 'tans' spring to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'm waitin for the girls to lose it here i really am!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I hate syphilis in a woman...

(And also your first 7 things)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

ALKA wrote:
    holy **** joe u aint picky are you!

i cant stand possiveness or jealousy..its areally nasty quality...

Me? No!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

what you hate in a woman .....

another guy, when I get home? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Overuse of the word "Like"
    Too far up their own a*se/superiority issues
    Speaking in annoying obviously fake accents in order to make themselves more interesting
    Trying to act "americanised"

And most of the ones OP mentioned

13) Hair anywhere but the head and eyebrows

• Advertisement

i cant stand thongs so fare up a chicks backside that there touching their neck, hairy armpitts or legs, a moustache even worse a beard and side burns!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

personal pet hate:

women (no matter how good looking) walking around like they have haemorrhoids because they're wearing high heels. there's a few other awkward walks that they use. look, if you can't walk properly in the ****ing things then don't wear them. its embarrassing for everyone who has to look at you waddling/tottering up the road, not to mention yourself.

BogOak wrote:
    personal pet hate:

women (no matter how good looking) walking around like they have haemorrhoids because they're wearing high heels. there's a few other awkward walks that they use. look, if you can't walk properly in the ****ing things then don't wear them. its embarrassing for everyone who has to look at you waddling/tottering up the road, not to mention yourself.

And on that note -
    women who always b*tch "Oh my feet are killing me etc." on a night out

WEAR SHOES YOU CAN WALK IN THEN !!

blonde scraggy hair extensions, fake plastic nails, fake tan, make up caked on the face, lycra.....

Horse riding pants. They are just so unattractive. Im sure someone could find a girl looking hot him them but mostly They are as attractive as raw sewage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

joejoem wrote:

11) Why is that when a woman gets bored she asks stupid things like "If my dad/brother got angry with you and went to hit you would you hit him back?"
    or
    "If I got horribly burned in a car accident would you still find me attractive/love me?"

'yes' to both questions.

I actually don't mind most of the things so far. They just don't bother me tbh. Except for long nails, they just make me uncomfortable.

-The most unnattractive thing to me is a little princess who gets things like her parents paying huge sums for her to go to do law in Griffith College or something but they act like they earned it from themselves, like there's no difference between what their parents give them and what they earn. Paying for Uni is fine, but don't act as if you'd gone 600 in the leaving or worked 3 jobs to pay for it. It's a huge turnoff. Obviously this goes for not just college fees, but other things like parents paying their rent, etc. It's uglier than Dawn French.

-Trying to make you jealous by flirting with some other guy. Trust me, it won't work, we'll just like you less for it.

-Another thing that annoys me are those girls who believe that if they stand around posing in a bar or at a party that some guy is going to go up and say 'Hi, you're attractive'. They won't. We can tell when you're posing. Don't care how hot you are, make a little conversation.

-superficial thing: Girls with brown hair an blonde highlights. Eeeeeww. They look like a Mocha, or something from a box of Quality Street, like a 'toffee swirl'.

-Big boobs. But I seem to be in the minority here :rolleyes: .

Edit: Oh yeah, when they forget to address me without calling me 'Wild Thing', as instructed.

banquo wrote:
    -The most unnattractive thing to me is a little princess who gets things like her parents paying huge sums for her to go to do law in Griffith College .

Hee hee hee I went to that college, my certificate will hang in my toilet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Died hair with obviously exposed roots (shakira can pull it off though, noone else can), girls who hint something at you without telling you what it is, and sulking over it because youre not telepathic, and overconfidence (though, thats with anybody).

Just today, i saw a chick, who was decent enough, but she bent over to pick something up, and she had a hairy ass/lower back. I was horrified.

Just today, i saw a chick, who was decent enough, but she bent over to pick something up, and she had a hairy ass/lower back. I was horrified.

:eek:
    THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Guys, are any of you single?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

i cant stand pretty much all the stuff you said. the ones that particularly irk me are:
    The too much fake tan and/or make up
    Muffin waists (bellys hanging out out trousers that are clearly too tight)
    Skanky jewellery
    Skanky hair cuts
    Clones
    although some of those traits can be seen in guys too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

banquo wrote:
    -Another thing that annoys me are those girls who believe that if they stand around posing in a bar or at a party that some guy is going to go up and say 'Hi, you're attractive'. They won't.
    Hey,I strongly disagree. This does work! Well not the "posing" part but men always come over to tell me I'm attractive! :D Men do that kinda thing dammit. Even if you don't wanna talk to them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its true ..... i'm a guy that tells women i dont know that they are beautiful ..... doesnt happen very often but i like to see someone who looks like they dont get told it enough but are ...... if its appropriate i go tell them. Have to make sure i explain the situation that i aint looking for a shag though.

Oh a similar note i love it when my wife comes home and says she got a complament from a stranger of a whistle or a wink ... anything that makes a woman feel good is ok in my book!

6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

joejoem wrote:
    Biggest turn off ever....you don't find many hot girls with accents though...thank god.
    joejoem wrote:
    2) Facial hair

I don't know which is more disgusting here!Oh, pregnant women in belly tops too...its just sooo wrong why do they do it?!

Thats the top three i found from your list.
    Any woman who is guilty of all three should be sterilized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I wouldnt even be bothered defending girls, because any1 who does any of the things mentioned would probably annoy me to some degree.

but boys, your far from perfect yourselves!! :P

ps. id be horrified if i was any of the things mentioned. that hairy back thing, ew :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

LadyJ wrote:
    Hey,I strongly disagree. This does work! Well not the "posing" part but men always come over to tell me I'm attractive! :D Men do that kinda thing dammit. Even if you don't wanna talk to them. :rolleyes:

God that wouldn't be ME :( I'd never have that kinda courage :o I'm the dude who's too shy to say stuff like that without knowing the person really well first if that makes any sense :o

Ry

oh, girls who think make up will cover up spots!they apply loads of the stuff but you can still see the bumps and its just like..ew.
    And then the make up just makes their skin even worse!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ry wrote:
    God that wouldn't be ME :( I'd never have that kinda courage :o I'm the dude who's too shy to say stuff like that without knowing the person really well first if that makes any sense :o

Ry
    Nonsense, you're just too short on dutch courage!

Okay, not very good advice for anywhere outside a meat market. But in a meat market...

I hate fake tan and that two-tone hair colouring thing. I also hate it when girls put streaks of a totally different colour in their hair. Actually I hate most hair colouring... adjusting the colour slightly (especially if it's that dull fair/****ty blonde colour) is alright.

// oh, and i'm surprised nobody has followed on from the "Things you hate in a woman....." title with dirty, immature answers. Certainly not me... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

kaids wrote:
    Nonsense, you're just too short on dutch courage!

Okay, not very good advice for anywhere outside a meat market. But in a meat market...

I hate fake tan and that two-tone hair colouring thing. I also hate it when girls put streaks of a totally different colour in their hair. Actually I hate most hair colouring... adjusting the colour slightly (especially if it's that dull fair/****ty blonde colour) is alright.

// oh, and i'm surprised nobody has followed on from the "Things you hate in a woman....." title with dirty, immature answers. Certainly not me... :)

Normally I'd be inclined to agree with you, but I've seen a few girls with the sort of blonde dye thing you mentioned and they looked damn good.

However "oopma loompa" syndrome would not rank highly on my list.

But tans are not something I really notice.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Unless it's ooompa-loompa stylee I often don't notice fake tans either... but loads of girls I know who use it seem to like it "patchy" on their hands - they look like they're trying to camoflage themselves for desert storm.

kaids wrote:
    Unless it's ooompa-loompa stylee I often don't notice fake tans either... but loads of girls I know who use it seem to like it "patchy" on their hands - they look like they're trying to camoflage themselves for desert storm.

When ya see that next,tell them the gloves come with the fake tan for a reason.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

The worst has to be really unoriginal looking girls-the ones who just follow the latest trend like clones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

laughing at stiff you said that isnt funny
    low confidence
    over eagerness
    looking for the sympaty vote at all times
    bad drivers
    not been able to work the remote

just a few things off hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

As a woman here are things i hate about us....
    [and am sometimes guilty of... this but try best not to be]

-girls who cry at the drop of a hat over nothing
    -pickiness/pettiness ok so the shoes and bag are a slightly diff colour omg get over it! -as somebody said laughing at alads jokes when its obviously not funny
    -whiners and moaners
    -we nag all the time
    -we will eventually turn into our mothers and it cant be stopped

Scraggs wrote:

-pickiness/pettiness ok so the shoes and bag are a slightly diff colour omg get over it! -as somebody said laughing at alads jokes when its obviously not funny
    -whiners and moaners
    -we nag all the time

speak for yourself, cos I'm not like that! and I will NOT turn in to my mother, no matter how much she wants me to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Sarge wrote:
    laughing at stiff you said that isnt funny
    low confidence

the laughing at stuff is to show you that we're interested when you guys are not clued in enough to see it..
    low confidence in women is generally cause guys post things like this that make us feel unworthy of all of you fabulous men out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

low confidence in women is generally cause guys post things like this that make us feel unworthy of all of you fabulous men out there...

What are you implying ?

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Numbers: 1,2,3,4,6,7,11 from joejems list

this is like the alternative or anti version of "what do you look for in a guy/girl" thread or something like that.

Scraggs: fair play, lot of guys would never admit to things they know p*sses off girls :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

girls who Smoke

girls who watch Big Brother and/or the O.C, Coronation street and Eastenders and wont shut up talking about them.

Girls who are dumb

Girls who have no taste in music other than whats in the charts, or is played at least twice a night at nightclubs like redz, coyote and D2.

Girls who are selfish

Girls who are materialistic.

Girls with Scanger Accents

Girls with incredibly posh accents

(Irish)Girls with fake or hybrid american accents.

Girls who dont want to hear about you.

Girls who dont appreciate the effort that guys make for them.

Girls who are narrow minded.

Girls who are very nice to you the first 3 weeks of a relationship and then turn nasty.

Girls who have are attracted to blokes that are arseholes, who fck them over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

girls who watch Big Brother and/or the O.C, Coronation street and Eastenders and wont shut up talking about them.

Is it the watching them or the talking bout them you have a problem with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The inability of some women to believe you when you've done nothing but be truthful.

Silly wimmenzes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Talking about them, ive no problem with girls or fellas for that matter watching those programmes, but a lot of people ive come accross just wont shut up about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Is it the watching them or the talking bout them you have a problem with?

In the case of 1, 3 and 4, both.
    In the case of 2, the latter. At least you can watch it with them, a few decent looking chix0rs in it, even if the story is a bit pants. Beverley Hills 90210 for the Noughties.

Sarge wrote:
    What are you implying ?
    What I'm implying is that you all have very high standards... how on earth are we meant to comply with them??
    like take the first list for example:
    when I don't get my own way, I whine, when I'm feeling down, or upset, I whine

2) Facial hair
    ok.. that's a no no
    also a no no
    4) When you can almost eat the air around her because the smell of make up/perfume is so strong
    this is so maybe it will overpower the smell of B/O from most men, I've often been told that my perfume smells nice anyway?
    5) If she wears the same perfume as my mother/sister
    in fairness, how is she to know? Buy her a new bottle!
    6) If she wears a constant "someone just shát in my handbag" look
    ok, another no no
    7) If she is aggressive to the point that she will try to pick an argument with anyone just to be centre of attention.
    that's not the behaviour of a lady...
    8) If she hangs onto you all night, go make friends!!!!!
    take it as a compliment
    9) If she constantly asks you for things i.e. Im really tired, will you pick me up from work, bring me to the shops then bring me home and cook dinner? (Note - I will never let a woman know I can cook, ever again)
    that's pathetic, I know very few women who would do this...
    10) When she asks things like have I got fat, or where do you see us in a year.
    they are very valid questions!!
    or

These are questions that guys ask on boards the whole time.. so don't go pinning that on us!

Scraggs wrote:

-whiners and moaners
    -we nag all the time

also girls who take forever to get ready!!
    girls who's sole purpose to go out is to meet a guy.. what about the girls night out??
    cancelling a night out with their friends cause a guy has called

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    speak for yourself, cos I'm not like that! and I will NOT turn in to my mother, no matter how much she wants me to
    why lie my dear :D

well you hardly think my mother dresses like me or acts like me. shes all normal and mothery, and would like me to be all normal (and mothery at some point in the future but that aint happenin')

Nightwish wrote:
    well you hardly think my mother dresses like me or acts like me. shes all normal

and you are....?

rb_ie wrote:
    and you are....?

not normal

• Advertisement
Advertisement