Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you hate in a woman.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nightwish wrote:
    not normal
    Unnique or just out to non-conform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

everyone conforms. no matter how unique people claim to be, they fit some label or other

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    well you hardly think my mother dresses like me or acts like me. shes all normal and mothery, and would like me to be all normal (and mothery at some point in the future but that aint happenin')
    rofl if she did...i cant imagine somebodies mother being that cool :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    everyone conforms. no matter how unique people claim to be, they fit some label or other
    what am i!!!!!

what am i!!!!!

a metaller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Girls that think they are better than the rest of the world

Really Vane Girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

R0ot wrote:
    Girls that think they are better than the rest of the world

Really Vane Girls

no, I'm not a girl that thinks I'm better than the rest of the world, I know I'm better than the rest of the world!
    I'm not a bit vane either, a little vain though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

-They don't hear what you're saying, they just hear the key words and then get the wrong idea, e.g.

Me: ''I don't fancy that girl''
    /she only hears 'fancy, girl'
    Her: 'grrrrr'

I swear to God, the number of times that i've told a girl, even a friend, that I have just no interest in some girl or that no, I'm not chasing some other girl, or whatever, only to meet one of her friends the next day to tell me 'So, X tells me that you fancy [insert girl I don't fancy here]'

-When they get angry with you for, like, the dumbest f*ckin' reason. Can't think of any examples right now but Jesus, there's a Bible's worth of material out there.

-even better, when for some reason they're angry with you but won't tell you why. Like they're actually happier just being upset. That makes me crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I dont like that some girls are so interested in the lives of celebrities. It's so purile, the fact that Jessica Simpson is on a wheat germ diet or that Gwen Stefani does this and that. It's not interesting!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dodgy1

Ever hear this one?

'well if u don't know what i'm angry about, i'm not going to tell u'

I like to refer to it as "The Classic"

Ha!

Or their total lack of spatial awareness. You've never witnessed true comedy until you've seen a group of women trying to assemble a concrete wall. Priceless.

Then again, the same can be said of the decorating skills of most men. Ever see a living room after its been furnished by men? Looks like its been painted by 10,000 seagulls.

So, some good some bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

-Moaning/bitching/gossip sessions.
    -Making EVERYTHING soooooooooooo complicated!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Complaining when you watch the football once or twice a week but forcing you to endure countless hours of mind numbing soaps.

All the stupid mindgames that (some) girls like to play. I've been out on three dates with the same girl recently - the first was great and after that she blew hot and cold more than a broken air conditioner. At the end of a disaterous third date in which she barely spoke, I told her we probably shouldn't see each other again she flipped out and told me she was only playing hard to get and if I was really interested I should chase her. Since then she's bombarded me with texts and phonecalls.

Asking questions they don't want the (honest) answers to and then insisting 'you're only saying that' when you tell them what they want to hear.

Smoking - turns me right off a girl.

Not even trying to pay even a small part towards a date - thankfully this is less and less rare these days. Expecting you to buy drinks all night - again pretty rare.

Talking about ex-boyfriends and then getting upset if you mention and ex-girlfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Oh..... I wouldnt know where to start.
    It's much easier to think positive, and say what you like about a woman.
    Most of the things I could think of would apply to guys aswell though.. so... I dont know.

edit: from Things you hate in a woman
    Ania wrote:
    1. On a guy I hate long hair. Only very few guys look acceptable with long hair - but they need to have fair hair then.
    2. I also detest the (almost) every man's jealousy.
    3. Personally, I find the stereotypical heavy metal- look, the 'darker'- look or the anarchist- look awful. But it's a matter of taste.
    4. It disgusts me that most men don't wash their hands after using the toilette.
    5. Ah- and I don't like shorts! I don't want to see a man's knees on the street, only under my hand. ;)
    6. I can't stand beer bellies.
    7. Tatoos are ok (it depends on which ones), but piercings not!

There's a lot of more things I hate about men, but the other things I would tell might be too insulting for the guys here, that's why I stop there.

I hate women like this. Best way to do this topic. Pick your enemy. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

women are alright really.. hey, they can't operate electronics or drive cars but their cake-making skills more than make up for that

BOOM BOOM!!
    circlebasil.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

as a girl, i personally agree with all said annoying things.
    Originally Posted by Dublin6th: Oh a similar note i love it when my wife comes home and says she got a complament from a stranger of a whistle or a wink ... anything that makes a woman feel good is ok in my book!

aaaah, bless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

So, from my reading of this thread I've gathered that men who have responded want women to be more like men.

Also, some women's behaviour isn't going to change as some men will put up with mostly anything to get some.

A.

Nightwish wrote:
    a metaller?
    well if i was wearing a jumper over my tshirt,there would be no way to tell. i think it is hard to define everybody because for eg i would be different than every other metaller etc..you emo :D

well if i was wearing a jumper over my tshirt,there would be no way to tell. i think it is hard to define everybody because for eg i would be different than every other metaller etc..you emo :D

our chicks look like dykes, because emo is one step, below transvestite.

^^^is that me???

hahahahha how would i know ;)
    im an emo kid nonconforming as can be youd be nonconforming too if you looked just like me, i have paint on my nails
    and makeup on my face,

do you deny this,'proof'? :)

• Advertisement

do you deny this,'proof'? :)

what proof? Im not a kid, I do conform to a label however I do have nail varnish on my nails, but NEVER wear makeup, except for eyeliner.
    I therefore spit on your "proof" :cool:

*Nightwish spits*

Nightwish wrote:
    what proof? Im not a kid, I do conform to a label however I do have nail varnish on my nails, but NEVER wear makeup, except for eyeliner.
    I therefore spit on your "proof" :cool:

*Nightwish spits*
    kid meaning person that is not too old ,not young person to me.
    i guess you are not an emo....you spit on my only proof,hearsay and conjecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Hmmm, back to the topic, as a girl, you get to see the full personality of another girl, because she's not pretending for a guy, and it's strange when a girl is really mean about someone and then nice to their face. I mean, if you don't like someone, that's fine, but if you can't say it to them, you shouldn't say it! (That's probably just a personal thing) Oh, and the up/down flick you get when you are introduced to another girl, it's natural when you're doing it (I'm sure I've done it unintentionally in the past...) But it ain't nice...Otherwise girls are grand, I prefere guys though....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

ok another thing i hate about women is hen parties aaaaggghhh they piss me off so much!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

dodgy1 wrote:
    Ever hear this one?

'well if u don't know what i'm angry about, i'm not going to tell u'

I like to refer to it as "The Classic"

God there's one I've experienced first hand...

I've a bad memory and I'd forgotten what myself and this girl had argued about a WEEK prior and she was angry because I didn't know what we argued about so she tells me she'll talk to me when I remember. I MEAN FFS we had put it behind us and moved on and were all the closer for it LOL IT's rediculous she brings it back up BECAUSE I don't remember it having put it behind me and moved on as we were supposed to and I DONT even know what the **** it is she's not talking to me about :p MADNESS.

Ry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

....what could i possibly add to this thread .... After 12years with the same (wonderful) woman 2 years of marraige...and a 1year old baby girl ....... I'll tell you what i can add, 99% of women are great .... but 100% of men and women have stuff about them that piss other people off!

(oh and if the above timeline makes me look old .... bugger off .... i'm only 28!

6th

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Things about some of my friends that wreck my head but would probably wreck a guy's head even more:
    1. Talking about celebrities the whole time and actually being interested in their lives ("Oh my god, I can't BELIEVE Jude Law! HOW could he do that to Sienna Miller? And that nanny isn't even that pretty, did you SEE the state of her hair?") while the rest of us zone out
    2. Talking about TV programmes like The OC and Desperate Housewives the whole time ("Oh my god, did you see John the Gardener without his shirt? Like, oh my god!") while the rest of us zone out
    3. Debating which celebrity is hotter - Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp? Brad Pitt or Eric Bana? - while the rest of us zone out
    4. Talking about food too much. I don't CARE if you discovered that Marks & Spencer do the best hummus dip, I really don't
    5. Having **** taste in films - enjoying 'Love Actually' is one thing but forcing others to watch it should be a crime
    6. Having really high expectations of guys - apparently they should be sweet, loving, considerate, have a good sense of humour, open doors for girls, pay for dinner, pay for drinks, pay for Debs tickets even when it isn't their Debs, know how to dress well without coming across as gay, have great hair, be good looking, have a hot body, be into something cool like surfing or playing the drums, be a good dancer, buy small presents for their girlfriends all the time, compliment all the time without coming across as insincere, be intelligent and ambitious, be a gentleman, get on with all her friends, be able to cook - but still be manly and fiendishly attractive. A sense of realism, please
    7. Thinking that it is more important for them to have good hair than a good personality when trying to impress a guy
    8. Having all these stupid rules for dating which dictate whe you should ring, when you should text, blah blah - why does everything have to be so complicated?

I do like these friends really, but sometimes I wonder how they can't see why they're often single

agree with fishie 99.999%!!

[i dock the 0.001% coz i just love the OC -but i dont talk about it all the time]

nice list,all true ;)

Fishie wrote:
    7. Thinking that it is more important for them to have good hair than a good personality when trying to impress a guy

Well put tbh.

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote:
    Things about some of my friends that wreck my head but would probably wreck a guy's head even more:
    1. Talking about celebrities the whole time and actually being interested in their lives ("Oh my god, I can't BELIEVE Jude Law! HOW could he do that to Sienna Miller? And that nanny isn't even that pretty, did you SEE the state of her hair?") while the rest of us zone out
    2. Talking about TV programmes like The OC and Desperate Housewives the whole time ("Oh my god, did you see John the Gardener without his shirt? Like, oh my god!") while the rest of us zone out
    3. Debating which celebrity is hotter - Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp? Brad Pitt or Eric Bana? - while the rest of us zone out
    4. Talking about food too much. I don't CARE if you discovered that Marks & Spencer do the best hummus dip, I really don't
    5. Having **** taste in films - enjoying 'Love Actually' is one thing but forcing others to watch it should be a crime

Tbh not one of those things would bother me in the slightest

and you are 'male'?

and you are 'male'?

yeah,
    Those type girls don't annoy me at all, so what?

rb_ie wrote:
    yeah,
    Those type girls don't annoy me at all, so what?
    how can you like people talking utter ****e the whole time?
    do you not care about somebody's personality?

''Things about some of my friends that wreck my head but would probably wreck a guy's head even more:
    5. Having **** taste in films - enjoying 'Love Actually' is one thing but forcing others to watch it should be a crime''

2 seconds of this girl and peoples heads explode or they go into a comaesque state.

what do you like to talk with a girl about so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Hmm, well I guess all in the first post bar number 8, if she's cool then you want her to hang around the whole night tbh :) .

I dunno, I don't really hate anything bar the really obvious things...other than those things I hate are the same things I hate about anyone, be them guys or girls, and if I hate a girl I'm hardly gonna "like" her (I know that sounds incredibly obvious but hopefully some of you will get what I mean..).

rb_ie wrote:
    what do you like to talk with a girl about so?
    anything that is not as trivial as

'Oh my god, I can't BELIEVE Jude Law! HOW could he do that to Sienna Miller? And that nanny isn't even that pretty, did you SEE the state of her hair?'

how about,how was her day?anything happen?why is she upset?why is she happy? etc.arts and literature if she likes it because it is better than stupid things like

'Talking about celebrities the whole time and actually being interested in their lives '
    that is just somebody elses life and if it interests her there is no need to talk about it the whole time to people that don't.

current affairs,life.anything mildly interesting she can come up with or is interested in that doesn't make people sleep due to it's insequentuality.

there is no set thing about what you like to talk about..just wherever the conversation goes.His comment wasn't really about the particular things she talked about(they are the things he hates)it is the way she talks about stuff the whole time that her partner is not intersted in and forces him to watch crap,let alone just hear about it.

ah well, i suppose it comes down to your own interests so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

anything that is not as trivial as

'Oh my god, I can't BELIEVE Jude Law! HOW could he do that to Sienna Miller? And that nanny isn't even that pretty, did you SEE the state of her hair?'

how about,how was her day?anything happen?why is she upset?why is she happy? etc.arts and literature if she likes it because it is better than stupid things like

'Talking about celebrities the whole time and actually being interested in their lives '
    that is just somebody elses life and if it interests her there is no need to talk about it the whole time to people that don't.

current affairs,life.anything mildly interesting she can come up with or is interested in that doesn't make people sleep due to it's insequentuality.
    How about pineapples? :D

• Advertisement

His comment wasn't really about the particular things she talked about(they are the things he hates)it is the way she talks about stuff the whole time that her partner is not intersted in and forces him to watch crap,let alone just hear about it.
    Actually I'm a girl! I'm just talking about some traits my friends have which annoy me a bit, and probably keep guys away like the plague

And yes, I really resented being made to watch 'Love Actually' because it is possibly the worst film of all time

Another thing [yeah, this is making me soooo popular] is that they don't remember a single thing you tell them. Not a thing. Or they remember it as something else, or as the opposite of what you said.

Anyway, I think I'm done on this thread.

LadyJ wrote:
    How about pineapples? :D
    They are fantastic dear,a god trait,all in all :D

sorry fishie!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Girl's obsession with Dirty Dancing, I was forced (yes forced is the word) to watch it twice cos i fell asleep the first time. I was tired that's all!

I dunno, those type movies don't bother me at all.
    Now if a girl forced me to sit and watch the Star Trek movies, there'd be a problem ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

didnt read the whole thread so hopefully no one has mentioned this but....has anyone noticed the way girls always complain about the cold, even when its not cold....but on a friday night in mid december the same girl who complained that the warm house on thursday night was too cold, is now walking around outside in a mini skirt and a tiny tiny top and the word 'cold' isnt even in her vocabulary? whilst i, in a big warm jacket am freezing my balls off? really annoys me

^^^o yes this pisses me off too!!
    [luckily i'm really warm blooded and always get overheated even in winter]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hate is way to strong a word, but....

1. Their sometime inability to make a decision about often the most trivial of things. Usually this is solved by their partner making the decision for them, thus handily leaving them with somebody to blame if it all goes pearshaped.

2. The ability to go from one emotional state to another in the blink of an eye, with little obvious in the middle to bridge the two.

3. Belly tops. Rarely worn by those who can. 'Nuf said.

4. That weird low level paranoia that informs many of their actions.

5. Nagging. We heard you the first time, so if we're not inclined to do what you want repeating it won't make a blind bit of difference.

6. Fad diets. Whatever floats your boat, but eat less, move more seems to work just as well.

7. Belief in horoscopes and all that jazz. This seems to affect even the very bright women out there.

8. Obsession with celebrity.

9. Those women who act all childlike and girly. It was cute when you 6, when you're 25 it's just plain daft and irritating.

10. Obsession with scented candles. What gives there? I actually had a very nice intelligent woman give another of my women friends a candle with the instruction to never light it as it gives off more scent when left as is. :confused: The only time a bloke has use for a candle is when the leccy bill hasn't been paid. Don't get me started on the cushion obsession......

11. Overly high heels, which only serves to make most wearers walk like one of those newborn gazelles one sees on nature programs.

That said, women are only deadly, especially if you find a good one. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

women obsessed with shopping
    women who have an accent that puts you off (broad Wickla or Dub, Scouse, Mockney, Brummie, etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Women who treat you like **** because they know they can :mad: :(

Ry

• Advertisement
Advertisement